arnis
Delivery Date: 23 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 015896

Re: Hack to get rid of low speed creep

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:53 am

Again, due to "fast way of living" I would not like shifter be anywhere away from my hands.
So either Tesla/Mercedes style stalk near steering wheel or right next to handrest.

I also do not use P if I'm going to switch it off anyway. Absolutely pointless :)

It's true that it wastes some space. But I would rather go with BMW approach and add some
VALUABLE functionality. Twisting shifter clockwise/counterclockwise should change regen.
ECO button should be next to the stalk not on the steering wheel. Seat heaters should be
near the stalk not cupholders. Same with steering wheel heater button.
And I would put the START button very close to my hand as well.
Those buttons are ALWAYS USED - regen, ECO, START, D/R/P-selector, heating (if equipped),
parking sensors/camera (if equipped)- no reason to hide them in different corners.
Short range EVs <30kWh -- Medium range: 30-60kWh -- Long range: >60kWh
Charging: Trickle <3kW -- Normal 3-22kW -- Fast 50-100kW -- Supercharging >100kW

JCPanosh

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:02 pm

This is what i don't get about these companies. Nissan is a US $130bil company (15,000 bil yen) , their profit in 2015 was US $8bil. Alll we want is another menu option that allows us to:
a) turn on/off creep
b) set default drive mode either D or ECO
c) set the regeneration value

Piss poor if the computer is too limited to accommodate this sort or program, and should cost about US $100k for a programmer to implement (or less depending on how hard the system is to program).
This is why Tesla is kicking these manufacturers butts, they understand their emerging market and they are not afraid to respond to their customers wants. Nissan could make a miniscule investment in firmware upgrade and all their savvy customers will be freaky impressed, but instead they have a vehicle that is getting older and feels like it has no love at all, alienating their most ardent supporters in the process.
Nissan, and all brands, will always have someone who will purchase their products, but the companies who get this sort of easy changes to their products will excel.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:08 pm

Alll we want is another menu option that allows us to:
a) turn on/off creep

No, that is all that you want. Others find things like adjustable charge limits more important.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

EVDRIVER

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Japanese companies are conservative and Tesla is at the other end of the spectrum. In addition, things that change the regen or other driver functions are often considered a liability. Tesla is clearly not liability adverse. Each feature that requires a computer change like timers etc takes man hours and cost and in a car that sells in low volume they are sticking to the bare essentials to cut cost and speed development. These are all factors that are very LEAF specific and the reasons go on and on.

jjeff
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121

Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:45 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
Alll we want is another menu option that allows us to:
a) turn on/off creep

No, that is all that you want. Others find things like adjustable charge limits more important.

Personally I'd like b and c, a doesn't really matter to me, I'd also like adjustable charge limits(probably next after B and C. I do agree with JCPanosh though, these are small things and would be relatively easy to implement, they could even be somewhat hidden in a menu so the average Joe that doesn't know what they mean would not mess things up. None of the things mentioned are safety or liability related so other than just not figuring people would want such a feature, I can't see why Nissan couldn't easily add such customizable features......if they cared.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

Leafchacho
Delivery Date: 10 Aug 2017

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:07 am

bitmanEV wrote:another point is why on earth do i need to put the switch to the back for going forwards and forward going backwards. BMW with their i3 doing it right! push it forward for going forwards and backward for going backwards. why did Nissan copy the stupid automatic gear lever position while creating their new and first electric vehicle :evil:

one day i might just hack the switch and reverse it ;)

+100. Forward to go forward, back to go back. I have already had one high stress situation where I was turning around on a narrow road and needed to make a 3 point turn. Grabbed shifter and pulled back.. Ooops. Luckily nobody was hurt and I avoided the curb.

Return to “Enhancement / Change Requests”