Available Charge Gauge Readability

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I use the Available Charge Gauge to determine my range but find it hard to quickly see how many bars are showing. It would be much more readable if the bars were alternating colors or were numbered.
Then again, if they would replace it with a SOC meter....

91040 said:
I use the Available Charge Gauge to determine my range but find it hard to quickly see how many bars are showing. It would be much more readable if the bars were alternating colors or were numbered.
Then again, if they would replace it with a SOC meter....

I agree, they are difficult to read quickly.

Fortunately, it's somewhat easier to see when you've hit 6 bars used, on account of it being the last full length bar, and know when you're about 50% depleted.

Right, much as I hate the guessometer, that break at 6 bars makes it easy to see if I have 6, 7, or 8, not to mention 5 or 4. And it's not too hard to tell 9 from 10. It's also easy to see what is going on when you get down to 3. So learning the 6 mark is the trick.

Ray

Thanks for the tip regarding looking at the length of the bar to the left. It does make it easier to read.
Still would like Nissan to redesign the display unless they give us a SOC meter instead.

I hate the guess-o-meter. Please replace the range guestimate number with a % SOC number (and make it an option so that the driver can choose SOC or range guestimate).

Also, I can't tell how many bars there are. The readability is just awful. I'm waiting to rear-end someone while trying to figure out how many bars I have.

Thanks,
--Kaelev
2011 LEAF
2003 Rav4EV @ 89,000 miles

kaelev said:
I hate the guess-o-meter. Please replace the range guestimate number with a % SOC number (and make it an option so that the driver can choose SOC or range guestimate).

Also, I can't tell how many bars there are. The readability is just awful. I'm waiting to rear-end someone while trying to figure out how many bars I have.

Have you heard about the SOC meter kit available from Garygid? Sounds like you are an ideal candidate for it, if you have $180 burning a hole in your pocket and modest electronics kit building (including soldering) skills:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back