IPAD and CARWINGS

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KLQL8N said:
Does anyone know how to view CARWINGS reports on an IPAD?
You might try this http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2381329,00.asp to add Flash capability since Apple is so determined not to allow you to use Flash. It might still not work. I think the Nissan web designers not only used Flash for superfluous glitzy presentation, but also put some extra Javascript checks in the code to lock out unsupported browsers. The Carwings button doesn't show up for the mobile site on Android. I haven't tried forcing it to the regular site to see if that works. If you can get past the Flash, and manage to convince Nissan to give you the non-mobile site, then it may work. It works with Chrome browser which uses the same code base as Apple Safari. Good luck.

KLQL8N said:
Does anyone know how to view CARWINGS reports on an IPAD?

You can install the iPhone version of the Carwings app on your iPad. While it'll be shrunken to the size of the iPhone, it works perfectly well.

haykinson said:
You can install the iPhone version of the Carwings app on your iPad. While it'll be shrunken to the size of the iPhone, it works perfectly well.
You can run it with the doubled pixel mode which scales it up to the ipad size. Though you do not get the carwing driving history (not that is worth much anyways) or the route planning on the iphone version.

shay said:
haykinson said:
You can run it with the doubled pixel mode which scales it up to the ipad size. Though you do not get the carwing driving history (not that is worth much anyways) or the route planning on the iphone version.

FYI I believe he's not talking about the app, but about the website itself where you have access to the trip planner, set your feeds, set your favorites, and all the other data. I've asked for an iPad version. Let's hope they build one. Carwings uses Flash and is not compatable with the iPad. I use a proxy app (I'll check when I'm at home).

Edit: I'm using iSwifter. It's slow but works.

One effective workaround is to use the Splashtop Remote app on your iPad, login to your computer, and use the Carwings website via your computer browser. It works quite well and sometimes I forget I'm not using the iPad version of Safari.

It also happens to be a great way to get full access to web only Hulu content on your iPad, and anything else that's in Flash.

It is a $9.99 app I think, so don't get it just for Carwings on your iPad, but there is a lot you can do with it. I can even login to my work computer from home on my iPad.

Log in to your account at https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Select View Leaf Status

The link to Carwings is at the bottom of the page.

Back