EVDRIVER

Re: Standard Extension Cord Charging

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 pm

JohnKuthe wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:
JohnKuthe wrote:
Why not? It's MY extension cord and MY lawn maintenance equipment and MY Leaf I'm charging at 120VAC!

And it's WORKING for me!

John Kuthe...

These treads are always filled with brilliant logic. You should do as you please but note to others what you do may not be safe based on your basic deductions that are as based on no electrical engineering standards.

Electrical standards never bothered Nikola Tesla!! :-)

And I've not blown the little breaker in the 120VAC 3 prong grounded sockets I plug into either!

John Kuthe...

The breaker would not blow. That's the point but I don't think you understand how heat induced electrical fires occur.

JohnKuthe
Delivery Date: 22 Mar 2017

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:16 am

EVDRIVER wrote:
JohnKuthe wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:

These treads are always filled with brilliant logic. You should do as you please but note to others what you do may not be safe based on your basic deductions that are as based on no electrical engineering standards.

Electrical standards never bothered Nikola Tesla!! :-)

And I've not blown the little breaker in the 120VAC 3 prong grounded sockets I plug into either!

John Kuthe...

The breaker would not blow. That's the point but I don't think you understand how heat induced electrical fires occur.

You mean how when the insulation melts and catches fire? Yeah, that happens from heat caused by a resistance somewhere. I hope the system I'm having installed will be robust enough to do the job safely.

John Kuthe...

alozzy
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017

Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Lol, always surprising and unpredictable as to which posts will gain traction on MNL forums. Who would have thought that a post on extension cord use would go 4 pages!

Or one on "Duosida EVSE Just Arrived" going 11 pages.

Or the never ending "Aeromod nissan leaf improved aerodynamics increased range", with ad nauseam heated debate over coasting vs regen

Guess that explains why I keep coming back here, it's like a spectator sport!
Canadian with a US 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Big grin, enjoying my first BEV :D

Return to “Enhancement / Change Requests”