Consntant timeouts of iPhone app and owners portal website.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunt822

This feels like i'm logging into top security BANK of something. Almost every time I want to check how my charge is going - iPhone app asks me to re-login. Is it really such a security concern? Someone will hack my line to start chargin???

NISSAN - PLEASE FIX THIS TIMEOUT ISSUE!!

For me it's probably number one inconvinience about car, i am not even bothered that much with pressing OK on screen every time I drive.

Android app does the same thing.

It may look neat but it's a horribly designed app with no features.

It should have the full carwings history info. And why the heck do you need to go to a different tab to update the screen?

Poor design.

It's not the app, it does the same thing using the website connected to a fast broadband connection. I think the issue is how Carwings is communicating with the car. Probably some real slow cellphone connection or a data center that can't handle the traffic. Also, isn't the Carwings data center in Japan or do they have something in North America for this continent?

I'm almost positive it's the server itself - web brower to server connection times out. like your bank web site, just here I see no reason for such small timeout setting. Terrible.

Stunt822 said:
I'm almost positive it's the server itself - web brower to server connection times out. like your bank web site, just here I see no reason for such small timeout setting. Terrible.

That's correct. The server issues cookies that expire after a half an hour.

I agree that the timeout is too quick. Let us spcify the timeout we'd like. I've no problen havinga short default timeout, but at least give us the option of extending it.

I have radio thermostat in my house - and iPhone app to control it remotely. It NEVER timeouts! Allthou serves the same puprpose - I can control climate remotely.

Nissan - need to fix! Hope some one responsible for bringing improvement ideas to the table - knows about this forum:)

Stunt822 said:

I have the Alarm.com iPhone app to disarm and arm my home alarm and it never times out. There is absolutely no reason for the LEAF app to keep timing out. It's a very poor app. I'm quite disappointed.

Stunt822 said:
This feels like i'm logging into top security BANK of something. Almost every time I want to check how my charge is going - iPhone app asks me to re-login. Is it really such a security concern? Someone will hack my line to start chargin???

NISSAN - PLEASE FIX THIS TIMEOUT ISSUE!!

For me it's probably number one inconvinience about car, i am not even bothered that much with pressing OK on screen every time I drive.

Well if they do it for security reasons, the password is cached, so anyone picking up the phone can login and do 'untold damage' :)

I wish they would providea parameter where we could specify the timeout. I have no problem witha short default timeout, just give ME the option of extending it and assuming the risk of doing so myself. I'm OK with taking risks I decide to take. Power to the people Nissan!!

Back