Get rid of the Carwings accept/decline start-up message

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. There will be someone that will come blasting in saying it's been discussed before, but I for one don't mind when there are multiple requests for things that need to be changed. I just hope someone from Nissan is paying attention to these forums.

Just ask for CarWings to be accepted on the 1st of the month if Nissan wants to know if we still agree.

My Volt doesn't make me accept anything every time I get in the car and it supposedly reports the same kind of data (I wouldn't know it hasn't started working yet for my car after 8 days).

But it has a park assist feature that beeps like crazy when I shift into reverse to leave my garage, because the front of the car is near the front wall of the garage. So, I have to press that stupid button every time right after shifting into reverse.

There is always something.

Valid8r said:
So far this is the only annoying thing about this wonderful vehicle.
The other annoying thing you may not be aware of is the fact that you can't run fan only when temperature is less than 60 degrees. Ingineer sells a fix for this, but it isn't a big enough problem for me to go that route.

Stoaty said:
Valid8r said:
So far this is the only annoying thing about this wonderful vehicle.
The other annoying thing you may not be aware of is the fact that you can't run fan only when temperature is less than 60 degrees. Ingineer sells a fix for this, but it isn't a big enough problem for me to go that route.

Does anyone know if this still is the case in the 2013 model of Nissan Leaf?

Since nothing official has been released on the 2013 yet, only someone inside Nissan would know. Since they are redoing the heating system for 2013, I would hope that the silly fan-only issue has been resolved however... All it would take to fix it is one line of additional code.

taztaz said:
Does anyone know if this still is the case in the 2013 model of Nissan Leaf?

A lot of cars make you hit OK for Navigation, making you agree to the layer's disclaimer that it's not good to look at a scree and operate a vehicle at the same time.

After almost 1 year of ownership I've gotten used to it. It's all part of my start-up procedure: Sit down, buckle up, foot on brake, press Start, VSP off, e-brake off, shift to R, then D, then ECO, then hit OK. Wow that's a lot of steps :)

Stoaty said:

Technically that's when the cabin temp is less than 60 degrees, not the outside temp. You can get general outside air flow by hitting Mode so the arrow changes from feet to face (or face & feet). Without the fan on this provides some air at ambient temp.

I would imagine any "fix" to the fan only problem would software related. I'm hoping that it can be done on current models via an update.

EricBayArea said:
After almost 1 year of ownership I've gotten used to it. It's all part of my start-up procedure: Sit down, buckle up, foot on brake, press Start, VSP off, e-brake off, shift to R, then D, then ECO, then hit OK. Wow that's a lot of steps :)

Wow: I must get going WAY faster than you :eek:
I don't set the e-brake, turn VSP off (only when I'm going slow around a crowd of people--which is what you're SUPPOSED to use it for), and hardly ever use ECO.

EricBayArea said:
Stoaty said:
Technically that's when the cabin temp is less than 60 degrees, not the outside temp. You can get general outside air flow by hitting Mode so the arrow changes from feet to face (or face & feet). Without the fan on this provides some air at ambient temp.
I found that the passive air flow was almost nonexistent except at high speeds. Since I live in four seasons country, being able to turn the heater off and still use the fan and vents was a big deal to me. Preheating while plugged-in is all I need for comfort most of the time but a fogged windshield can be a problem. The foot/defrost workaround didn't suffice for me.

So, count me as one Ingineer's early, and very happy, CC mod customers. It was just as easy to install as his video said it was. I'd be surprised if Nissan didn't fix this known glitch in the 2013 model, but one never knows what will happen.

Can someone please remind me what I'm missing out on if i hit "decline" or just go straight to the radio or map or other screen? (which i think is taken as a decline).
The car has not spontaneously burst into flames. In fact I'm not noticing anything different.

Thanks
Shaun

gbshaun said:
Can someone please remind me what I'm missing out on if i hit "decline" or just go straight to the radio or map or other screen? (which i think is taken as a decline).
Carwings won't have data on the web site about your miles/kwh, etc. I stopped using it a month after I got my Leaf, and I have more battery capacity remaining than most people. Perhaps hitting OK too much eats into your battery capacity? ;)

EricBayArea said:
A lot of cars make you hit OK for Navigation, making you agree to the layer's disclaimer that it's not good to look at a scree and operate a vehicle at the same time.

That might be true BUT if you read the disclaimer it has nothing to do with safety. It's just a privacy agreement. Do cars with OnStar require you to press accept before your GPS coordinates are sent to them in the event of an air bag deployment??

This complaint is of course valid. It's a stupid message, shouldn't be there every time, and everybody including Nissan knows it's annoying. I am sure it's only there because some lawyers forced it in. There's no way anybody on end-user testing thought it was good to force us to OK each time.

That said, it's much less annoying than the back-up beep in the current gen Prius, which would throw me into a mad, inhuman rage each time I heard it (I never got it turned off, unfortunately).

I am sick and tired of pressing "ACCEPT" for Carwings to gather data about your car and usage patterns. Nissan keeps promising they are looking at things, but it is a privacy issue so they havent fixed it yet.

If they wont help us resolve the issue... Why do we continue to allow them to gather this data? Let their data collection go dark for awhile, starting on Black Friday lets send Nissan a message.

Who's in?

Starting Black Friday, always decline the Carwings T&C screen in your LEAF!

On the Prius there is a disclaimer that exits on its own after like 3 seconds on the map screen.

i fail to see why we cannot accept Carwings as a setting. doing it every time is frustrating to me because I want Carwings to record me. if it helps Nissan develop the LEAF, i am all for it. if they can use the data to determine better charging locations, better instrumentation, better whatever, OK! lets do it!

but i fail to understand why some people flip out over it as if they are allowing whoever to spy on them especially people on this board. the very act of participating in a public forum is giving up a level of anonymity

someone on FB wants to do a "black out Carwings" day on Nov 23rd to protest having to accept or decline on every start up

http://www.facebook.com/events/504582439554186/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EnergyNovice said:
Can someone post the message for us Leaf novice.
Well, it is pretty hard to miss - it is the message you see on the NAV screen every time you turn on the car.

Back