Auto window roll-up on remote climate control.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lopton

I would like it if the windows would roll up automatically if the climate control is turned on either via timer or remotely.

Parked my car in the hot sun and left the windows down to vent it, then proceeded to forget that and remotely turned on the climate control to get the car cool for the all important ice cream I was bringing home, only to get to the car to realized I was trying to air condition the entire city :oops:

-Matt

In hindsight that does seem like a logical feature to have. I hope Nissan sees this. Maybe you should call in to customer service and suggest it.

I doubt remote & unattended window roll-up will ever happen as a stock OEM feature. Too dangerous for the lawyers, unless the vehicle had very robust and extremely sensitive pinch detection.

On our old Audi, you could roll up the windows (and close the sunroof) externally only by using the physical key on the fob in the door lock, turning it to the lock position beyond 3 seconds and holding it until everything closed. Useful, and no real way to do this accidentally without seeing the possible impact.

On a VW you can program it to open and close the windows with the lock/ unlock on the remote. I don't know why this car doesn't have something like that and one touch up and down too. I guess I do know why, there are quite a few places on this car that they took the cheap way.

You must have the 2011 model.
My 2012 has the "wipe my butt" feature.
Look under MENU, then select ADVANCED BUTT options, then WIPE.
Simple!

My VW Passat TDI has an alien controller installed, which provides fob control of windows and sunroof.
Has come in handy.

Wouldn't you love to look out the window of your 12 th floor office, see it is starting to rain, and push a button to close your windows? No reason this couldn't be done, except for the lawyers.

Addd warning beep 3 seconds before the windows roll up. Have to think A/C even with the windows open an inch is much better than no A/C at all

I'd like to see an option in the Carwings app to check wether the car is locked or not, and also the windows. With the option to close windows and lock the doors. Could come in very handy if you have boarded your plane and then start thinking about if you locked it or not. That has nothing to do about being lazy.

cra said:
I'd like to see an option in the Carwings app to check wether the car is locked or not, and also the windows. With the option to close windows and lock the doors. Could come in very handy if you have boarded your plane and then start thinking about if you locked it or not. That has nothing to do about being lazy.

there is a video you need to see about Nissan? and its new tech where intruder alerts can send video to your phone...its very cool

as far as functionality? i agree. the more the merrier as long as its the same price~!

DaveinOlyWA said:
cra said:

there is a video you need to see about Nissan? and its new tech where intruder alerts can send video to your phone...its very cool

as far as functionality? i agree. the more the merrier as long as its the same price~!

That was the "NSC-2015" Leaf that was recently featured at a Japanese trade show: driving and parking itself.

While most of these remote features (roll-up windows, lock car, start car) are technically feasible, there are huge security concerns involved. For example, if someone (either temporarily or permanently) gets hold of your smartphone, do you really want them to be able to remotely unlock and start your car? Even it if takes them awhile to find it, a lot of damage could be done.

Stanton said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
cra said:

That was the "NSC-2015" Leaf that was recently featured at a Japanese trade show: driving and parking itself.

While most of these remote features (roll-up windows, lock car, start car) are technically feasible, there are huge security concerns involved. For example, if someone (either temporarily or permanently) gets hold of your smartphone, do you really want them to be able to remotely unlock and start your car? Even it if takes them awhile to find it, a lot of damage could be done.

careless people run huge risks. of that, there is no technology that can overcome

That's why I have a lock on my smartphone. The convenience of having a vehicle with on-star would be wonderful for a LEAF.

Back