PlutoISaPlanet
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400750
Location: San Diego

2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:48 am

I can't seem to find this information and my dealer has no idea. Will the "S" have Bluetooth Audio Streaming?
2013 Silver "S" + Quick Charge Package

User avatar
ksnogas2112
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:56 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 021881
Location: Lenexa KS (Kansas City)
Contact: Website

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Now that the build it option is there on the Nissan site to configure your own, I checked their current configs. None of the models show that they have bluetooth streaming capability. All models have bluetooth phone system (Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System [*]).

I would assume if the bluetooth calling works then bluetooth streaming works. Probably a bad assumption but my "guess" is yes.
Tom in KS
100 Mile Club-#57
http://ksnogas.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Try reading a book, it's a novel experience
MY 2012 - Cayenne Red-45,000+ miles

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11423
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:15 pm

ksnogas2112 wrote:Now that the build it option is there on the Nissan site to configure your own, I checked their current configs. None of the models show that they have bluetooth streaming capability. All models have bluetooth phone system (Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System [*]).

I would assume if the bluetooth calling works then bluetooth streaming works. Probably a bad assumption but my "guess" is yes.

I think it is just not mentioned. Though calling & music are different, I'm sure they will both work.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to ?

PlutoISaPlanet
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 400750
Location: San Diego

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 pm

ksnogas2112 wrote:Now that the build it option is there on the Nissan site to configure your own, I checked their current configs. None of the models show that they have bluetooth streaming capability. All models have bluetooth phone system (Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System [*]).

I would assume if the bluetooth calling works then bluetooth streaming works. Probably a bad assumption but my "guess" is yes.


I would assume anything coming out in the last few years would have it but my 2009 Camry had bluetooth phone capabilities and not streaming audio...
2013 Silver "S" + Quick Charge Package

BillEmmack
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:09 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Nov 2012

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm

I sell the LEAF in the San Francisco Bay Area and I've delivered several of each model of the 2013 LEAF. The SV and the SL definitely include bluetooth streaming, but I have yet to get it to work in an S.

Nissanproduct.info lists Bluetooth streaming as Standard on the LEAF S, so I've been assuming it's there and I just haven't found how to activate it. Without the navigation system, many things that were easy to do through the menu system are a now less obvious. And with the cars selling about as fast as we get them in, I haven't had time to fully explore the system.

Remarkably, the owner's manual doesn't list Bluetooth in the index. That's why I came here, hoping someone had figured it out. :D

=====
Bill Emmack
LEAF Specialist
San Francisco Bay Area
goelectric.squarespace.com

MrIanB
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 pm
Delivery Date: 21 Jan 2012
Leaf Number: 0870
Location: Cedar Park, Texas

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:49 pm

BillEmmack wrote:I sell the LEAF in the San Francisco Bay Area and I've delivered several of each model of the 2013 LEAF. The SV and the SL definitely include bluetooth streaming, but I have yet to get it to work in an S.

Nissanproduct.info lists Bluetooth streaming as Standard on the LEAF S, so I've been assuming it's there and I just haven't found how to activate it. Without the navigation system, many things that were easy to do through the menu system are a now less obvious. And with the cars selling about as fast as we get them in, I haven't had time to fully explore the system.

Remarkably, the owner's manual doesn't list Bluetooth in the index. That's why I came here, hoping someone had figured it out. :D

=====
Bill Emmack
LEAF Specialist
San Francisco Bay Area
goelectric.squarespace.com


If it does not have navigation, you need to hit the phone button on the steering wheel to listen to the commands to set up Bluetooth. Give it a try.

Ian B

EJensen
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:16 am
Delivery Date: 28 Feb 2013
Leaf Number: 401055
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 pm

I just took delivery two days ago of my "S". The car and my Android phone now communicate by Bluetooth for phone calls. I have played around a little, but I haven't found any way to stream music from the phone to the stereo by Bluetooth. I don't see anything in the manual that addresses streaming audio by Bluetooth.

User avatar
evnow
Moderator
Posts: 11423
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 am
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:09 pm

EJensen wrote:I just took delivery two days ago of my "S". The car and my Android phone now communicate by Bluetooth for phone calls. I have played around a little, but I haven't found any way to stream music from the phone to the stereo by Bluetooth. I don't see anything in the manual that addresses streaming audio by Bluetooth.

Leaf (peculiarly) needs to be paired again with the phone for music. This is with '11 SL.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to ?

MrIanB
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 pm
Delivery Date: 21 Jan 2012
Leaf Number: 0870
Location: Cedar Park, Texas

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 pm

evnow wrote:
EJensen wrote:I just took delivery two days ago of my "S". The car and my Android phone now communicate by Bluetooth for phone calls. I have played around a little, but I haven't found any way to stream music from the phone to the stereo by Bluetooth. I don't see anything in the manual that addresses streaming audio by Bluetooth.

Leaf (peculiarly) needs to be paired again with the phone for music. This is with '11 SL.


Yes but if thre is no Bluetooth option in the radio, it won't stream music but will handle calls.

Enjoy the ride,

Ian B

Shaka
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Dec 2012
Leaf Number: 026665
Location: Cleveland, Ohio - USA

Re: 2013 "S" Type come with Bluetooth Audio Streaming?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Does the 2013 S-trim have an AUX button? Does it have an aux input? Since you hit AUX and it cycles through iPod, AUX, BT streaming and such... that would be the first place I would go. On our 2012 SL, there was no special setup for BT streaming. The real question is if the BT module is in the radio, or if like many cars there is a separate box. If the latter, then A2DP-streaming is there in the box... it is just a matter of if Nissan hooked up the capabilities to the lesser headunit or not.

Return to “Music / Navigation / Handsfree”