jgordon24d
Delivery Date: 02 Feb 2017

Re: Leaf S - replacing the radio?

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:06 am

Having the same issue with crutchfield and hands free connection kit for steering wheel controls.

Did anyone figure out what part this is?

Really want to make this swap, but am a relative novice when it comes to these installs and would love to avoid a multi-step install to get it right!

Seems like hands free kit, radio amp and step down adapters are key. Anything else?

Has anyone done this with a full set of pictures yet on the step by step?

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:20 am

dlupien wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of doing an install on a leased vehicle. Obviously not having the stock radio installed at lease turn in might be an issue, right?

You are totally wrong with considering messing with the car radio on a leased car.... Especially for the simple reason of you having a few more highs and lows on your radio...

You do not own that car, you are renting it... Anything you do to it would possible damage the original condition of the car. Legally, you would be liable at the end of the lease for damage... If you try to hide any damage that you did at lease end, then you are morally wrong for messing up a car that someone else would end up "owning".... Don't mess with a lease...

Zerofire03
Delivery Date: 30 Jan 2017

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:34 am

Hi jeffster06, I had a quick question for you regarding your setup for the bluetooth bypass. I have gotten everything else wired and setup, removed the bluetooth module and done the bypasses on the correct pins, but the one part that is holding me up is what you are getting the power from to put on pin 29. With having studied the wiring diagrams, I am thinking I can just use the 5v that is being used to power the antenna. Is this where you were getting the power from? If not, where were you getting your power from? Thanks so much.

jeffster06 wrote:Glad you got your install nearly done, now the fun part, as I found out, was getting through phone buttons to work...

... If you look at the vehicle specific instructions available from PAC (the other steering wheel control brand available), they give you detailed instructions on wires that have to spliced or jumpered on connector "Nissan32BT" (in the trunk: right rear trim panel). It's real convenient to get to the as the connector is buried behind a plastic trim panel that you have to remove about 4 other trim pieces to get to it. The reason you have to do this is because the Bluetooth module is located in the back of the car and the steering wheel buttons are connected directly to it, then the module sends a modified signal to the radio, but you have to bypass the BT module to make it work with the interface that connects to the pioneer. This modification is needed to make either the m
axxiss or the PAC interface to work. (you also have to connect a second remote wire to the interface if you haven't already)

Refer to the instructions here for working with that one connector: http://www.pac-audio.com/SWI/SWIAppGuid ... o%20+%20BT

The wiring is the same on my 2015 as the 2013 in the link.

Let me know if you have any questions... It's been about a year since I did mine... Might have to look back at my notes from it.

Return to “Music / Navigation / Handsfree”