New Problem: Bluetooth Phone "Attempting to Connect..."

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacknorth

Hello, I have a 2015 Nissan Leaf and just recently (in the past week or two) I can only use the bluetooth connection with my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone if I initiate the call on the phone itself. It then connects and I can talk hands free. If I try to make a phone call by using the button on the steering wheel I get the audio message "Attempting to connect to your phone." Then it quits and goes back to music. Again, this just started happening. I used to be able to hit the button and speak a command.

I haven't (knowingly) changed any Bluetooth setting on the phone, and it looks as if it is set up correctly.

Anyone know if this is a Nissan problem or (more likely) a phone (Android) problem?

Thanks.

I've seen this sort of thing happen in multiple cars, especially after a software update on the phone although I usually have had problems with the media connection rather than the phone connection. The first thing to try is always deleting the pairing on both devices and going through the pairing process over again. That usually does the trick. If that doesn't work, then you start testing other phones and that sort of thing.

I have tried to "replace phone" but I only deleted the pairing from the phone. When I get a chance I'll look thru the manual to delete the phone from the car.

BTW, just can only connect the phone, not media. (I couldn't do that with my Murano either.) I just assumed my radio wasn't Bluetooth media capable, which I always thought a bit odd. Have I been missing something?

jacknorth said:
... BTW, just can only connect the phone, not media. (I couldn't do that with my Murano either.) I just assumed my radio wasn't Bluetooth media capable, which I always thought a bit odd. Have I been missing something?
The S does not have bluetooth audio, just the handset function. The other models have both.

Back