A Green Monster: a way out in left field question navigation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafEriksson

In my zeal to make my 2012 Leaf into a "regular car" I loaded half dozen 1 x 4's from dashboard to tailgate (8 footers fit nicely). Unfortunately, while taking them out, a board "touched" the touch screen and cracked it. It now no longer works as a touch screen. The backup camera works and the heater info image shows up, but the navigation and everything else is nonfunctional. I was told at the Nissan dealer that a replacement would cost $3,600!!!!! He later called and said they could ship it out to PA and get it repaired by a third party for only $1000. Not pleasant options.

I wondered if I could Velcro an iPad to the surface and plug it in to the USB port and use apps on the Pad to get navigation info as well as music to play. Is this feasible? Also, would the Leaf's bluetooth interact with the iPad? Can I use Carwings,etc. on it?

Thanks for any advice you could provide to a chagrined Leaf owner

2012 Tomahto red LE

It is most likely just a broken touchscreen. You can replace the touchscreen yourself for $22.

Not hard to do - I do it about once a year (my wife is not easy on the car...)

See:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeafEriksson said:
In my zeal to make my 2012 Leaf into a "regular car" I loaded half dozen 1 x 4's from dashboard to tailgate (8 footers fit nicely). Unfortunately, while taking them out, a board "touched" the touch screen and cracked it. It now no longer works as a touch screen. The backup camera works and the heater info image shows up, but the navigation and everything else is nonfunctional. I was told at the Nissan dealer that a replacement would cost $3,600!!!!! He later called and said they could ship it out to PA and get it repaired by a third party for only $1000. Not pleasant options.

I wondered if I could Velcro an iPad to the surface and plug it in to the USB port and use apps on the Pad to get navigation info as well as music to play. Is this feasible? Also, would the Leaf's bluetooth interact with the iPad? Can I use Carwings,etc. on it?

Thanks for any advice you could provide to a chagrined Leaf owner

2012 Tomahto red LE

Back