2014 nav sd

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gulmertheater

I got a 2013 Leaf with whatever version nav sd card was available. My question is, is the 2014 version any more of an update, more details, than what was installed when I purchased the car in 2013? Before forking over $180 for a new card, I need to know if there's any difference. I live in the Salt Lake County area. :?:

I spoke with the department that does the map updates for the Leaf about this issue several months ago. Their update cycle is around 24 months, and the map data on a new SD card would not be very new. They took my email address and said they would put me on the list to be notified when the next update is available. So far, the NAV system has worked okay, and I have not had any issues getting to my destination. However, it does not show the correct data for freeway ramps that were overhauled in the last few years.

It is amazing how bad and out of date the data is. My 2011 shows a very large department store that was gone twenty years ago and does not show a number of locations which went in well over 10 years ago......

GerryAZ said:
I doubt that the map updates for 2013 models would be of much benefit. The maps in my 2015 don't seem to be updated much over the maps in my 2011 (at least for the Phoenix area).

Back