AUX IN jack to play music from Netbook?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NissanLeafCamper

Hi Guys,

Just curious but can you play music in the leaf via using the AUX IN jack from a netbook? I was wondering if I plug in a 3.5mm jack into my netbook's 3.5mm socket then plug the other end into the leaf's AUX IN jack will it play sounds from the netbook? Of course after selecting AUX in the leaf's console.... I just want to know if this will work before I plug it in and destroy my netbook/leaf with a short circuit

:?

As long as the output of the netbook is compatible with headphones I don't see why this wouldn't work, though I've never tried it myself.

Thanks I just don't want it to short anything out. I have a 3.5mm jack that has two male connections. My netbook has a 3.5mm out jack for my head phones so I figured... if I can plug it in my netbook then into the leaf... will it play all the sounds?

Think of your Leaf's stereo and speakers as a gigantic set of headphones. It will play all the sounds the computer is outputting via the headphone jack, to the best of its ability to reproduce sounds.

As long as it's the headphone jack, it's no different than plugging a music player into the same jack. You can even plug an old-fashioned cassette player into that jack if you still have cassettes you want to play.

Thanks Ron I tried it out and it worked. The leaf played everything my netbook did with the aux in. I got to watch a few clips in my computer and it was awesome. Now I just need to save up for a movie projector and turn the leaf into a camper :)

Back