Two simultaneous bluetooth devices, audio & phone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ObiQuiet

(Can't search for "two" on this forum, but "simultaneous" returned nothing, apologies if discussed before).

I swear I somehow, once, had one cellphone connected as audio, and the other as a phone in my 2013.

The behavior was that the audio was streaming from phone 1, and a phone call made with phone 2 interrupted it and took over the audio system.

This was quite elegant, and I've been trying to figure out how to recreate it.

Has anyone discovered the pairing / connection sequence that leads to this? (Note: it's not possible on Android to configure BT as "phone without also having it be "audio"; though "audio" without "phone" is possible. And, the phones were both configured for both when this happened.)

Thanks!
-ObiQuiet

Alright, I managed to recreate this. I have to document the exact steps that do it reliably, but basically the "audio phone" is connected first, while the "phone phone" has it's BT turned off.

Then, enable the on-device BT for the "phone phone". Finally, use the car's screen to manually select the "phone phone" for a connection.

The "audio phone" will continue playing, and when a call comes in or goes out from the "phone phone", the car will switch between the two. Then it switches back.

Of course, there is no automatic pause of the "audio phone" like there is when they are the same device.

We had this happen accidentally a couple of times and it really pissed me off at the time. My wife's phone was playing music and I had my phone connected on the dash, and I could not get it to play from my playlist and it would only play hers even though mine was selected. I called it a bug at the time, but now that you've documented it I guess we can call it a feature. haha.

Back