Ipod won't play in Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalman

I've had this plugged into the USB for years now and for the most part has been trouble free. There were a few times it wouldn't respond and I would unplug it and just let it play till the battery was dead and then it would work fine.
My issue now is that it recognizes the Ipod and I can pick songs, but it will not play. I can scan through a song and the time counter will advance, but when I stop it doesn't advance on it's own and play.
I've unplugged it to let the battery go dead and it would seam to play normally while unplugged from the car. Everything else with the radio works. Any thoughts?

I don't bother w/an iPod via USB in my Leaf, but it'd really help to indicate the model and generation: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204217.

Metalman said:
There were a few times it wouldn't respond and I would unplug it and just let it play till the battery was dead and then it would work fine.
I've unplugged it to let the battery go dead and it would seam to play normally while unplugged from the car.
Why do you do that? It's not good for the battery to run it totally flat and takes awhile, as well.

In most cases, you can reboot it via https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204307.

I don't know about the Leaf, but I do know that many recent cars will not integrate well with older media players plugged into USB, and Apple's iPod Classic line is indeed in that category. My eGolf's infotainment system for example does not play well with my 1st gen iPod Touch.

Fortunately the Leaf, unlike many recent cars and just about every older one, will let you play any audio source with a headphone connector, via the aux-in jack.

I would second cwerdna's suggestion and to try to reboot the player. Otherwise you'll have to use the aux-in.

Back