Nissan/Clarion Nav can't find street

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

I have had this problem a few times. I am trying to drive to a private house on a small street in a small town. I enter the town name into the Nissan/Clarion Nav in my 2013 SV, then enter the street name. Before I can complete typing the street name, it replies that the street is not found and gives up.

These streets are 30+ years old, so it isn't an issue with old maps.

Any suggestions or thoughts on what could be wrong?

Thank you.

Bob

Bob said:
I have had this problem a few times. I am trying to drive to a private house on a small street in a small town. I enter the town name into the Nissan/Clarion Nav in my 2013 SV, then enter the street name. Before I can complete typing the street name, it replies that the street is not found and gives up.

These streets are 30+ years old, so it isn't an issue with old maps.

Thank you.

Bob

I've seen this a few times, it is usually spelling errors or township name issues. Enter the house number and street name first, and let it search. It will provide a list of cities where the street address is valid.

Bob said:
My non-constructive answer: you are trying to use the factory nav. Don't do that and you'll be much happier.

I tried to use it the first few times after I got my LEAF (it was my first car with factory nav). I soon gave up and just use Google Maps or Waze instead on my phone. An order of magnitude better (up-to-date, more responsive, easier to use, includes traffic, etc, etc).

Baustin - Thank you. You were right. I found the street by searching for the street name without giving a town name.

Bob

Back