jake14mw
Delivery Date: 13 Nov 2017

Should I upgrade to the updated Nissan EV app?

Mon May 07, 2018 9:29 am

Hi all,

I am an android user. I have avoided upgrading to the newer version of the Nissan EV app because I thought it would be a while until they ironed bugs out of it. As far as I can tell, they are not working on it.

From what I can recall from reports when the new version came out, it was not reporting charging status correctly. Has that been fixed? It seems like overall it was no more or less buggy than the old version. Should I just upgrade it?

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Re: Should I upgrade to the updated Nissan EV app?

Mon May 07, 2018 10:12 am

jake14mw wrote:Hi all,

I am an android user. I have avoided upgrading to the newer version of the Nissan EV app because I thought it would be a while until they ironed bugs out of it. As far as I can tell, they are not working on it.

From what I can recall from reports when the new version came out, it was not reporting charging status correctly. Has that been fixed? It seems like overall it was no more or less buggy than the old version. Should I just upgrade it?

Upgrade to Leaf Manager. Pro version.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

jake14mw
Delivery Date: 13 Nov 2017

Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 am

WetEV wrote:

I used to use Leaf Manager. Then for the longest time it did not work. No updates to the app for a long time. Was there an update done? I don't see a Leaf Manager Pro in the Play store.

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Wed May 09, 2018 4:53 am

jake14mw wrote:Hi all,

The new one works fine for me. It has updated several times since installation.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

WetEV

Wed May 09, 2018 6:07 am

jake14mw wrote:
WetEV wrote:

I used to use Leaf Manager. Then for the longest time it did not work. No updates to the app for a long time. Was there an update done? I don't see a Leaf Manager Pro in the Play store.

The Pro is an upgrade, install the original first. In app purchase to disable advertising and turn on various pro features. Last update was Feb 25, 2017. Has been working well for years for me, at least.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2014 Leaf SL Red

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Wed May 09, 2018 7:02 am

So I didn’t even know this app existed. I use the Nissan connect app almost everyday. What does Leaf Manager pro provide that the Nissan connect Leaf doesn’t.

Thanks in advance.

John
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

WetEV

Wed May 09, 2018 10:44 am

webeleafowners wrote:So I didn’t even know this app existed. I use the Nissan connect app almost everyday. What does Leaf Manager pro provide that the Nissan connect Leaf doesn’t.

I've not used the official Nissan app for years, so perhaps a more recent comparison would be in order. So I've installed the official app again.

Official app has:
Might allow you to lock and unlock your car remotely? Perhaps if you have a 2018, not my 2014. The Leaf Manager does not have that function, as far as I know.
I remember a day years ago when the official app worked once when Leaf Manager didn't. So maybe having both is prudent, if you really need the functions.

Leaf Manager has:
Fewer bugs. (4* vs 2* reviews.)
Better user interface.
Updates at a periodic interval while charging, until complete.
Update status after stopping car. (Or after starting, but I don't see the point of this.)
Shows the last location where you parked your car.
A widget that displays the last synced charge level.
Various alarms that I've never used.

Wife finds the last location invaluable, as she can have trouble remembering where she parked.

May not work on the latest Android release, from reading the reviews.
WetEV
2014 Leaf SL Red

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Wed May 09, 2018 11:53 am

I still can't get into Nissan Connect.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Astros
Delivery Date: 28 Apr 2018
Leaf Number: 306739

Fri May 11, 2018 12:08 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I still can't get into Nissan Connect.

Can you login at https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/ and use the NissanConnect EV tab there? If that works but the app doesn't then you should probably call the Nissan service number 1-855-426-6628. I had problems getting the app to talk to my car last week, and they were able to sort it out.
Jade Frost 2018 SV

Return to “Music / Navigation / Handsfree”