Transfer Sirius Lifetime Sub to Leaf's XM setup?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HankHillNeedsALeaf

Ok, this one is a bit of a doozy. I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius that I paid for way back before they were 1 company. I've been told that I can pay $75 to transfer it to another radio which I would want to do when/if I get a Leaf. Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer it to the XM radio in the Leaf? I realize that there is info out about how the radios are technically different but I wasn't sure if the radio in the Leaf would allow me to get the Sirius stations? They offer a best of Sirius on XM package so that was my question? I'm mostly interested in keeping Howard Stern and Alt Nation. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I wouldn't want to do it anyway but I have the same lifetime subscription setup as you, except with XM instead. Out of curiosity, I called to find out if I could transfer it to the Leaf and after talking to numerous people and escalating through channels, I was ultimately told "No."

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:
Ok, this one is a bit of a doozy. I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius that I paid for way back before they were 1 company. I've been told that I can pay $75 to transfer it to another radio which I would want to do when/if I get a Leaf. Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer it to the XM radio in the Leaf? I realize that there is info out about how the radios are technically different but I wasn't sure if the radio in the Leaf would allow me to get the Sirius stations? They offer a best of Sirius on XM package so that was my question? I'm mostly interested in keeping Howard Stern and Alt Nation. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I asked a similar question a few months back when my subscriptions were up for renewal. I was curious if I could add an XM radio as an additional radio at the multi radio discount rate. I was told that the Sirius and XM accounts were separate. I could not add an additional XM radio to my Sirius account. I needed to create a new XM account and pay full price. So much for the merger BS of lower rates/costs.

I went out and bought a car adaptor for my Stiletto 2 in anticipation of getting my car.

A big Baba Booey to y'all.

I thought they already started merging Sirius and XM accounts? Perhaps this was only for Sirius and XM online accounts?

Spies said:
I thought they already started merging Sirius and XM accounts? Perhaps this was only for Sirius and XM online accounts?

My conversation with Sirius was back in October. As of then it was a big fat NO.

jcesare said:
So much for the merger BS of lower rates/costs.
You got that right. Pre-merger, Sirius was all about how this would help the consumer. Post merger, nothing's improved. It must be really depressing for those poor folks who have to work there day after day.

Back