Blackberry Application?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackleaf

I remember seeing somewhere that there would be an application for the blackberry (not just iPhone) to manage Leaf charging etc? When looking through the forum, I don't see anyone mention using this. Anyone using blackberry to interface with their Leaf? How does it function, what can it do?

blackleaf said:
I remember seeing somewhere that there would be an application for the blackberry (not just iPhone) to manage Leaf charging etc? When looking through the forum, I don't see anyone mention using this. Anyone using blackberry to interface with their Leaf? How does it function, what can it do?
No Android or Blackberry specific apps yet - need to use the web page for now.

Wow, that's disappointing....that's not as advertised. I'll see if I can figure out how to ping Nissan on this. I'm not too thrilled with having to log into a laptop to interface with car, takes too long. :(

blackleaf said:

When I signed up for Carwings last Tuesday, the website specifically said "...and coming soon for Android and Blackberry" so Nissan is claiming to be working on these.

Blackleaf,
I am an Android phone user, and have saved the LEAF status login page in my bookmarked pages on the phone. It doesn't take to long to get online that way, and then jump to CarWings from the bottom of your Status page.

Hope this helps,
Linda

I went online to the Leaf page last week and 'chatted' with someone who told me there is no ETA on the Bberry app. He suggested that I use the Bberry browser to log on to the Owner's Portal, which makes perfect sense to anyone who doesn't own a Blackberry and has never used its browser. I got it to work once (so it is technically possible), to activate the climate control timer. But logging on from a virtual/screen keyboard (Storm) on a smartphone browser is best reserved for the desperate and/or determined.

I'm going for the Verizon iPhone as soon as I can get out of my contract.

EricH said:
He suggested that I use the Bberry browser to log on to the Owner's Portal, which makes perfect sense to anyone who doesn't own a Blackberry and has never used its browser.
:lol: Too true!

I get despondent when someone sends a URL to my Blackberry, because it means I have to run the abomination they call the Web Browser and stare at the "Loading..." screen for five minutes before getting a failure or incomprehensible web page.

Five more months before I can dump this thing and get an Android phone with a useable web browser.

Still, Nissan did promise a BlackBerry app, and an Android app, so saying it's web-only is a bit of a crock.

Got my Leaf last weekend. Tried to go to the owner's portal with my BBerry but get an error.

Anyone successful using their BBerry browser to access carwings?

The owners portal and Carwings (mobile version = same data as in the iPhone app) works fine on my Blackberry Torch, which has BB OS 6.0. This is using the web browser.

Andy said:
The owners portal and Carwings (mobile version = same data as in the iPhone app) works fine on my Blackberry Torch, which has BB OS 6.0. This is using the web browser.
That's the way to go. By default it uses a mobile version of the site which works well on the small screen. In one way it even works a bit better than the computer version. Since the site has a very short session timeout, you have to login again every time you want to check or do anything. On a computer the Chrome web browser is unable to save and re-enter the password so you always have to retype it, but the default Android web browser is able to save and re-enter it for you.

walterbays said:
Andy said:
That's the way to go. By default it uses a mobile version of the site which works well on the small screen. In one way it even works a bit better than the computer version. Since the site has a very short session timeout, you have to login again every time you want to check or do anything. On a computer the Chrome web browser is unable to save and re-enter the password so you always have to retype it, but the default Android web browser is able to save and re-enter it for you.

To what URL to you direct your BBerry browser to get mobile version or is that through some other smart phone feature or channel?

I can get into the Nissan web site with my old BB 8830, but have not been able to turn on/off climate control or check status of LEAF even if I wait long enough to load a bunch of script files. Has anyone successfully used an older BlackBerry such as the 8830 to check status and control A/C? I have emailed questions to Nissan Customer Service about this and the availability of a BB app (no answers yet).

Thanks
Gerry

GerryAZ said:
I can get into the Nissan web site with my old BB 8830, but have not been able to turn on/off climate control or check status of LEAF even if I wait long enough to load a bunch of script files./quote]

I have the same problem on my BB 8520 :(

tzzhc4 said:
GerryAZ said:
I can get into the Nissan web site with my old BB 8830, but have not been able to turn on/off climate control or check status of LEAF even if I wait long enough to load a bunch of script files./quote]

I have the same problem on my BB 8520 :(

OK. I feel better. Thought I might have been suffering from an attack of stupid. My BB Bold 9000 can't run it right either.
Can we upgrade our OS to a more recnet version?

awiegel said:
OK. I feel better. Thought I might have been suffering from an attack of stupid. My BB Bold 9000 can't run it right either.
Can we upgrade our OS to a more recnet version?

I don't know. my BB is pretty beat up. I am thinking of just switching to a EVO or something. Really wish Nissan just had a app for something other then the iPhone.

When I got my Leaf about 10 days ago they told me that the BlackBerry application will be ready in 3 weeks (so about 10 days from now)... let's see if this is true.

I can not get any use from the web page from my BlackBerry.

Back