Handsfree - I use iPhone voice control

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BC3

I have found that using the voice control on the iPhone to dial is much faster/easier than using the voice control of the LEAF. I can simply hold down the iPhone button and the voice control from the phone automatically connects to the handsfree system of the LEAF. I then command,"Call. Joe. Smith. mobile." and it starts the dial. I find this much easier than wading through all the prompts on the LEAF voice command system (even with the two-button-press trick). Also, the iPhone voice command will even automatically lower the music in the car once the button is pressed on the phone.

same here. the Android voice recognition is something i use A LOT in the car...**whisper** this is how i text and drive **end whisper**

but it also is best for random directory assist searches, nav options, etc. i find the Nav on the Leaf to be beyond ridiculous (same as Prius really) as both require "exactness" to find any addys and Google does not.

BC3 said:
I have found that using the voice control on the iPhone to dial is much faster/easier than using the voice control of the LEAF. I can simply hold down the iPhone button and the voice control from the phone automatically connects to the handsfree system of the LEAF. I then command,"Call. Joe. Smith. mobile." and it starts the dial. I find this much easier than wading through all the prompts on the LEAF voice command system (even with the two-button-press trick). Also, the iPhone voice command will even automatically lower the music in the car once the button is pressed on the phone.
What I really wish is that there was a way to trigger this /from the nav system/. With most Bluetooth headsets, if you hold the answer/hangup button, it will trigger voice control on the iPhone, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the LEAF; if you press and hold the phone button on the wheel, it seems to activate a menu on the nav screen.

Which is unfortunate, as that would also solve the iPhone library navigation issue ("Play. Playlist. Abney Park." "Play. Songs by. Great Big Sea." etc.)

I'm using Iphone and I don't even had a thought of using that voice thing. thanks Im gonna try it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back