DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Re: Use Google Maps to program a destination in your Leaf's

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:37 pm

I found the business search by name to be most effective by far. just make sure you narrow down the region if you're looking at something with nationwide locations or sort by distance
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 (build 10/2016)"low water marks" 24,261.3 miles.363 GIDAhr 80.66Hx95.95%kwh28.1QCs205,L2's 226
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gaswalla
Delivery Date: 24 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 5012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Most of us have smart phones.

I use "Send to Phone" app from the Android Play store...

It works well, it's integrated with Google Maps (sorry iOS 6 folks), it's free, and it sends the info right to my LEAF.. way simple

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:02 pm

EatsShootsandLeafs wrote:Speaking of iPhone, in both chrome and sarafi I see no way to send to car. Anybody done it? I just googled and people have complained about this for other cars for years. Not sure why google hasn't made it an option on mobile, it's so obviously needed.

No way to do it. even if you switch to the "Classic View" in Google Maps while using Safari. The Link button is there, next to the Print button, but instead of a "Send" link in the resulting popup (which is where you'd find "Car") it reads "Email" on the iPad/iPhone version, which of course only gives you a new email message.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 70,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Michelin MXV4 tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

gaswalla
Delivery Date: 24 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 5012

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:26 pm

mwalsh wrote:
EatsShootsandLeafs wrote:Speaking of iPhone, in both chrome and sarafi I see no way to send to car. Anybody done it? I just googled and people have complained about this for other cars for years. Not sure why google hasn't made it an option on mobile, it's so obviously needed.

No way to do it. even if you switch to the "Classic View" in Google Maps while using Safari. The Link button is there, next to the Print button, but instead of a "Send" link in the resulting popup (which is where you'd find "Car") it reads "Email" on the iPad/iPhone version, which of course only gives you a new email message.

but you CAN do it on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ocar&hl=en

EatsShootsandLeafs
Delivery Date: 24 Aug 2012

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:36 am

gaswalla wrote:
mwalsh wrote:

but you CAN do it on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ocar&hl=en
Jealous :) Send To Car search in apple app store I see one for rolls royce only!

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 am

gaswalla wrote:Most of us have smart phones.

I use "Send to Phone" app from the Android Play store...

It works well, it's integrated with Google Maps (sorry iOS 6 folks), it's free, and it sends the info right to my LEAF.. way simple

just to clarify; "send to phone" is an app that sends internet links and whatnot to the phone and requires a separate download. (very cool app, i use it frequently) the "send to car" feature of google maps is entirely different
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 (build 10/2016)"low water marks" 24,261.3 miles.363 GIDAhr 80.66Hx95.95%kwh28.1QCs205,L2's 226
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EnergyNovice
Delivery Date: 23 Oct 2012

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks gaswalla your method seems a lot easier. Will report back to let you no if it works.

jcesare
Delivery Date: 20 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1290

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 am

I'm now using Leaf Link. Sends the data via RSS feed. Very easy to use.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9419
Leaf eTec Blue Ocean
Reserved 6/25/10
EVProject approved 1/06/11
Blink EVSE Installed 4/6/11 (Separate meter, ethernet connection)
Ordered 1/25/11 Delivered 4/20/2011

Solangelist
Delivery Date: 26 Apr 2012
Leaf Number: 123456

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 pm

I had used this method successfully quite a few times till a couple of months ago on my 2012 leaf. Now whenever I try it does not work anymore. I have tried it many times over 2 months, the failure: The carwings in the Leaf does show a 'sent msg is waiting', but when I download, I get a communication error. The only change around the time this start failings is my Serius subscription (the free that came with the car) expired and I did not renew it.

Is there anybody out there with expired Serius subscription, and this map send method still working?

If serius expiry is not the cause, any suggestions how to fix this? To me this was a very useful feature, since I usually lookup a place I am going on g.map the night before, and I did not have to remember or write down the address etc when I start the car.

Rat
Delivery Date: 08 Sep 2011

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Solangelist wrote:I had used this method successfully quite a few times till a couple of months ago on my 2012 leaf. Now whenever I try it does not work anymore. I have tried it many times over 2 months, the failure: The carwings in the Leaf does show a 'sent msg is waiting', but when I download, I get a communication error. The only change around the time this start failings is my Serius subscription (the free that came with the car) expired and I did not renew it.

Is there anybody out there with expired Serius subscription, and this map send method still working?

If serius expiry is not the cause, any suggestions how to fix this? To me this was a very useful feature, since I usually lookup a place I am going on g.map the night before, and I did not have to remember or write down the address etc when I start the car.

I use the navi all the time, downloading from GoogleMaps, and find it very handy, as you do. I never got the Sirius XM that supposedly came free with the car because as soon as I tried it it said my subscription was expired. I think my new car had been sitting in San Diego for 6 mos. after activation, but before delivery. So to answer your question, yes I have no XM subscription and my Carwings navigation system works great. I just used it today. I think it's a hardware problem with your car, or possibly something in the environment changed, like the local cell towers, etc. Sorry, but I have no suggestion as to a fix except to take it to the dealer.

Return to “Music / Navigation / Handsfree”