iPod USB Connect causes pop

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BC3

I prefer to connect my iPod (iPhone actually) via the USB connection so the the music information is displayed on the LEAF screen. I notice a pop/click in the background. It's not there if I connect via Bluetooth or 3.5mm jack. Anyone else notice this or is it just my head unit. I'd appreciate someone else to chime in even if they don't have the issue.

What iOS version are you running? I had noticed that too, but it wasn't there anymore in the latest iOS 4.3.3 update. I'm not sure when exactly they fixed it, but make sure you're up to date. Unless you're on a Verizon iPhone (which only goes up to 4.2.8), in which case you'll have to wait for 5.0.

I have the same problem with pop sound playing my iPod touch 4G using the USB. I have the latest software/firmware 4.3.3 (8J2) update and it didn't matter, I still have the noise. My husband used the USB port with his Rio mp3 player and he doesn't get any noises. I am not sure if it is incompatibility thing with Apple products or what.

Back