Ringtone

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanmf

Is there a way to change the ringtone? Or at least use the phone's ringtone? I found an option about car ringtone, but as far as I can tell it did nothing. Anyone figure this out?

Thanks!
Evan

I was messing with this today, and learned this:

For my Blackberry, it always uses the default Leaf 'ringtone', regardless of setting. It's not a BAD ringtone, unlike the default Toyota/JBL ringtone, which was intended to resuscitate zombies on Nyquil. But it seems fixed.

For the iPhone, the Leaf somehow downloads the ringtone the phone itself would play for that caller (after some delay) and uses that Ringtone with the option is set. I haven't seen that feature before, so it was indistinguishable from Magic to me.

But, can one borrow an iPhone, link it to the LEAF, and then use it as a "donor" to set a ringtone, then use the "custom" ringtone with other phones?

I suspect not, because the LEAF quite likely uses the "custom" ringtone ONLY when linked to the "donor" phone.

Can the LEAF link to more than one phone at the same time?

After registering two phones (if both are in the car when the LEAF is turned on), which one becomes the "linked" phone?

Back