no Bluetooth phone/audio connect priority

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lettcco

for those of us who occasionally swap drivers between spouses, this issue can be quite annoying. Both me and my wife has a phone with BT on it, and since she drive the leaf most of the time, I program the 1st slot to my phone first, and then hers. That way, when I am not there, her phone should always connect, but whenever I ride with her (which means I will be driving), the BT should connect to mine.

But everytime I am driving, I end up discovering that the BT is connect to hers, not mine. Even when I am the only one there, it will just say it is not connected. I have to manually connect the phone via my phone's menu, which is not very convenient at all.

It seems like Nissan's BT connection setting is based on which was the last connection made, not a priority list like my gen 3 prius and my previous car with a pioneer HU with bluetooth on it.

Anyone else has similiar problem?

lettcco said:
It seems like Nissan's BT connection setting is based on which was the last connection made, not a priority list
Yup, that is how it works.

Yep, we have the same issue. On our Acura, we can pair up to 8 phones and it will simply select the first active phone it finds on the list automatically (if it finds more than one, it will ask which you want to use). Once again, the inelegance of the Clarion system shows it's ugly head...

lettcco said:
It seems like Nissan's BT connection setting is based on which was the last connection made, not a priority list like my gen 3 prius and my previous car with a pioneer HU with bluetooth on it.

Anyone else has similiar problem?

lettcco said:
Thanks for the confirmation...really thought Nissan being a major automaker, would have figure this out when picking a supplier. Oh well...

Sadly, this is fairly common behavior. A similar thing happens with my Plantronics bluetooth headset, fwiw.

In Nissan's older systems you set the priority for the phones. But for some reson they have gone away from it in the last two or three years.

Back