Import Data

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgniphone

I don’t have our car yet, in July I hope, however I have a question. Page 3-68 of the Navigation System Owner’s Manual states you can import data into the address book. However it does not indicate what the import file type should be. Anyone try this? Anyone know what file format it wants?

vgniphone said:
I don’t have our car yet, in July I hope, however I have a question. Page 3-68 of the Navigation System Owner’s Manual states you can import data into the address book. However it does not indicate what the import file type should be. Anyone try this? Anyone know what file format it wants?

it is very quirky, unclear and I cannot get it to work the way I think it will.

I dug into this pretty deeply and it was on a thread a long time ago.

Short answer it can be done but it is painful and due to how they encode the actual lat/lon location, it is not terribly accurate. I pushed Navteq to get the encoding format but was rejected. They say they do not plan any way to allow you to edit the address book data outside the car. The export/import is just for transferring data between cars according to both Nissan and Navteq.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2483

If another LEAF has "locations" that you want (and they will share):

1. Backup their "locations" onto an SD card (done in moments in their car).

2. Put the SD card into your LEAF and do a quick "Restore".

NOTE: It has BEEN SAID that your locations will not be erased, but the "restored" locations will be ADDED to yours.

I have yet to try and verify this.

Back