Answer phone using the steering wheel?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

So, my phone is connected to the LEAF using bluetooth and suddenly I got a call. I saw the phone button on the steering wheel and pressed it and guess what? It hang-up the phone :(. Besides reaching the navi screen 100 miles away, is there a way to answer the phone using the steering wheel? :roll:

It answers my phone. Pressing it when a call is connected should hang up. Could you have accidentally pushed it twice? Could your phone have woke up in your pocket when you answered and gotten hung up through inadvertent button/screen presses? My old Windows Mobile phone had the bad habit of unlocking the screen when Bluetooth actions occurred. Maybe you answered the call in some other way before pushing the button?

Sometimes individual phones and cars just don't play together well. You should set up a controlled test to see what exactly is happening.

I don't see how it could hang up your phone if it was not already answered.

Mine answers the phone. One push. It hangs up on the second push.
Works great.

I just wish it would show incoming SMS messages on the Dash display. That would rock.

My vote for must useless button is the "Range Map" button on the steering wheel. Bah.

GroundLoop said:
I just wish it would show incoming SMS messages on the Dash display. That would rock.
Yes, that would be awesome. Probably not going to happen in our LEAFs though, unless someone figures out how to hack the software running in the head unit...
My vote for must useless button is the "Range Map" button on the steering wheel. Bah.
It's not entirely useless; it's a one button-press to a "hey, that's cool" when demoing the car to people who have never seen one before... even if I never actually use it myself. I usually explain that all the plugs on the map are basically Nissan dealerships, who may or may not let me actually charge there, even if I really needed it. :evil:

lemketron said:
GroundLoop said:
It's not entirely useless; it's a one button-press to a "hey, that's cool" when demoing the car to people who have never seen one before... even if I never actually use it myself. I usually explain that all the plugs on the map are basically Nissan dealerships, who may or may not let me actually charge there, even if I really needed it. :evil:
I think mine is showing one at the San Jose Convention Center downtown. Not that I'd ever go charge there unless it was a true emergency--would prefer that they had the chargers across the street in the Woz Way Parking Lot.

Oh, yeah, and the phone button definitely answers the phone when it rings and ends an active call. I need to figure out how to do the voice command dialing without having to answer the woman's questions. I think you can "dial direct" by voice....

GroundLoop said:
I don't see how it could hang up your phone if it was not already answered.

Mine answers the phone. One push. It hangs up on the second push.
Works great.

i use range map to do my navigation. my route home can vary depending on traffic.

Back