Would the Leaf iPhone app work on a iPod Touch 4G with WiFi?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpm3710

Does anyone know if I can use my iPod Touch 4G to use the iPhone app for remote controlling the Leaf's charging and climate control via WiFi or does it have to go thru the 3G on the iPhone?

Yep, we have it on our iTouch via WiFi.

mpm3710 said:
Does anyone know if I can use my iPod Touch 4G to use the iPhone app for remote controlling the Leaf's charging and climate control via WiFi or does it have to go thru the 3G on the iPhone?

I've used a jailbroken/unlocked first generation iPhone (currently without any gsm cellular service) over both WiFi and using the WiFi hotspot of the Nexus S 4G on Sprint. Both work perfectly fine.

Thanks all for your answers. I downloaded the app and couldn't get it to work. So that is why I asked the question, because I thought that it should have worked. So from your answers I knew it had to be my router so I recycled the router and now it works. Didn't think to try that first but it still was reassuring to know that I could be able to use the app via WiFi. ;)

Back