Touch OK to accept

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

This has no doubt already been discussed but I couldn't find anywhere in MNL or RTFM how to permanently accept the permission so it doesn't keep asking. What is the incantation?

Of course there is a solution. Push any of the buttons on either side of the console display. If I'm in the car alone I push the bottom one on the right side. If my wife is with me, she pushes the second one from the top on the left side.

Of course, either way it is equivalent to pushing the "No" button, and carwings doesn't get updated. Personally, I'm not thrilled at the idea that Nissan wants to collect information about where and when I am driving. I'll bet a lot of people would like to get hold of that database. But, then, I'm the sort of guy who turns off most cookies on the internet, and uses traps for web bugs.

Ray

planet4ever said:
Of course there is a solution. Push any of the buttons on either side of the console display.

I was looking for the checkbox that says "always accept and don't keep asking me".

So I'm displaying my ignorance about carwings, I pretty much assumed this was big brother watching me, but don't care about that as much as I probably should, because it seems like no matter how much data big brother collects on me the targeted advertising that flows from it is a day late and a dollar short.

Funny thing is after hitting OK so many times, even when I head out for a rendezvous with my mistress or to murder someone, I'll probably forget and still hit OK out of force of habit :lol:

LTLFTcomposite said:
planet4ever said:
Of course there is a solution. Push any of the buttons on either side of the console display.

I was looking for the checkbox that says "always accept and don't keep asking me".

So I'm displaying my ignorance about carwings, I pretty much assumed this was big brother watching me, but don't care about that as much as I probably should, because it seems like no matter how much data big brother collects on me the targeted advertising that flows from it is a day late and a dollar short.

Funny thing is after hitting OK so many times, even when I head out for a rendezvous with my mistress or to murder someone, I'll probably forget and still hit OK out of force of habit :lol:

I know, I was just at the dump getting grid of bags of body parts and a guy looked and me funny. I hope he did not look in them or call anyone.

EVDRIVER said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
planet4ever said:

I know, I was just at the dump getting grid of bags of body parts and a guy looked and me funny. I hope he did not look in them or call anyone.

You'all go to the dump?? We just toss 'em over the fence to the hogs here on the farm. Dang, now where did that Census Taker get to? .. he was a-runnin' last time we seen him ..

Yee haw ..

Dave

EVDRIVER said:

I hope you didn't hit OK or carwings will rat you out. Explains why you keep getting groupons for hefty bags and direct mail catalogs from Frontgate featuring make-your-own-sausage-at home machines on the cover.

That darned screen is SO ANNOYING! I have nearly been in car accidents because of it. That is because sometimes when I push OK I have to jab at it 4 or 5 times before it seems to accept. Maybe I'm just used to mi iPhone/iPad and so I just don't apply enough pressure. Anyway, I am often trying to press OK right before I back out of my parking spot. But when it doesn't take right away I'll keep jabbing at it, not paying attention to other cars.

Personally, I don't care whether it tracks my data or not.. I just want the *&!@# screen gone! I'd pay real money for somebody to come up with a software hack that would get rid of that.

adric22 said:
That darned screen is SO ANNOYING! I have nearly been in car accidents because of it. That is because sometimes when I push OK I have to jab at it 4 or 5 times before it seems to accept. Maybe I'm just used to mi iPhone/iPad and so I just don't apply enough pressure. Anyway, I am often trying to press OK right before I back out of my parking spot. But when it doesn't take right away I'll keep jabbing at it, not paying attention to other cars.

Personally, I don't care whether it tracks my data or not.. I just want the *&!@# screen gone! I'd pay real money for somebody to come up with a software hack that would get rid of that.

As suggested, hit one of the "other" buttons on the side. Since my phone starts pairing with bluetooth when the car starts up, I would have to wait for that to finish before I can accept or decline. Instead, I hit the status button on the right side, which clears the nag screen (essentially "decline") and always works with one push.

I figure the more people that decline this stupid thing, the more likely it is that they'll want to put in some way to say "accept and stop asking" so that they can get the data they want. That's my hope, anyway.

I find that an aluminum foil cap is a good addition to my repertoire to keep Big Brother out! :lol:

planet4ever said:
Personally, I'm not thrilled at the idea that Nissan wants to collect information about where and when I am driving. I'll bet a lot of people would like to get hold of that database. But, then, I'm the sort of guy who turns off most cookies on the internet, and uses traps for web bugs.

Ray

adric22 said:
... Anyway, I am often trying to press OK right before I back out of my parking spot. But when it doesn't take right away I'll keep jabbing at it, not paying attention to other cars. ...
You could always simply wait until you've disposed of the screen before moving the car. That would solve the safety problem nicely.

blorg said:
As suggested, hit one of the "other" buttons on the side. Since my phone starts pairing with bluetooth when the car starts up, I would have to wait for that to finish before I can accept or decline. Instead, I hit the status button on the right side, which clears the nag screen (essentially "decline") and always works with one push.

I figure the more people that decline this stupid thing, the more likely it is that they'll want to put in some way to say "accept and stop asking" so that they can get the data they want. That's my hope, anyway.

You don't have to wait for the pairing to complete. When that message pops up on the screen that it has paired, tapping anywhere clears it, then you can hit the accept or decline button. I've gotten in the habit of just "double clicking" the accept button.

On my old VW there was a way to use a VagCom to tell the computer you wanted to use UK settings. This removed the "touch ok to accept" nag screen as they don't have as many silly lawsuits as we do in the US. Any chance something similar exists for the Japanese Leaf that we could trick our US Leafs into using? :D

Yep, I did the exact same thing with my BMW...

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:
On my old VW there was a way to use a VagCom to tell the computer you wanted to use UK settings. This removed the "touch ok to accept" nag screen as they don't have as many silly lawsuits as we do in the US. Any chance something similar exists for the Japanese Leaf that we could trick our US Leafs into using? :D

HankHillNeedsALeaf said:

So do UK LEAFs have the nag screen or not?

TEG said:
HankHillNeedsALeaf said:

Yep, but they just get one option, "Ok".

You must have something to choose from for it to be an option. I think it's more like a command, OK? :)

DarkStar said:
TEG said:
HankHillNeedsALeaf said:

Yep, but they just get one option, "Ok".

This nag screen is indeed annoying.

After reading this post, I now press the MAP button instead. At least this is a button which you can properly feel and know that you have pressed it, unlike the touch screen which provides no feedback.

If Nissan wants to collect my driving data (which I don't mind providing), change/remove the nag screen!

Granted the "Push OK" screen is a great annoyance. However the data being collected is going to be extremely helpful for furthering EV development. Just push it after start-up for three weeks and it will be a habit. I find that if I wait until after I back out of my garage to push OK then the "Phone Connected" pop-up has time to go away. I am happy to be on the leading edge and helping to further the EV cause.

Back