First of all, thanks to Weisea for the above doc and synopsis of his SV install, and to jelloslug and Ramius83 for tons of info throughout these camera threads!
I have a 2013 SV w/ no camera options and will soon be attempting the backup cam install myself with just the OEM camera and hatch handle housing. Based on what I've read so far (here and elsewhere), it is HIGHLY unlikely that the SV has continuity for the basic (non-around-view) backup cam going from the C-pillar junction to the B3/M21 junction behind the DS kickplate, so based on this assumption I have come up with what I *think* will be the most straight forward approach to this install. Note that I have decided to completely forgo the factory harnesses, both to save money and to eliminate complexity. Please feel free to critique these steps at any point to save myself and others unneeded trouble!
1. Start at M21 and wire pin 7 to nearest ground (either by adding pin for connection through B3, or splicing behind M21). This saves the trouble of going to the head unit and from running the sense/ground all the way to the C-pillar. The guidelines should come up when in reverse at this point (as long as M21 has a wire from pin 7 to the head unit of course).
2. Remove appropriate trim pieces along entire path from DS kickplate to rear hatch handle (some of this could possibly be wire-fished, eliminating the need to remove ALL trim along path; I'll certainly try).
3. Remove old hatch handle housing, install camera in new hatch handle, drill hole through lift gate for camera grommet, install new hatch handle housing and camera.
4. Splice black and yellow wires from camera to long video cable and splice red and white wires to long wire pair for carrying power (possibly thread this group through some kind of wire housing to prevent vibration wear).
5. Route wire group from step 4 along existing hatch, C-pillar, and floor trim harnesses (zip tying where necessary) all the way to DS kickplate.
6. Splice appropriate wires to pins 8/9 and 24/25 at B3/M21 junction (either by adding pins for connection through B3, or splicing behind M21).
7. Test, and reinstall trim.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems like A LOT of work to remove/replace the OEM C-pillar and hatch harnesses when the floor trim harness is not wired for camera anyway. I guess you could purchase the floor trim harness as well, but again for more work/money. I will also certainly verify that my existing harnesses are indeed missing the camera wires before I do anything, but at this point I'd bet on them not being present. I'm just now ordering parts, so I'll post how well this goes when I'm done.
Also, jelloslug provided this pinout from camera:
1-----Red (camera V+)
2-----White (camera V-)
3-----Black (camera signal +)
4-----Shield (camera signal -)
Has this now been verified? Seems the person who posted the question about camera module wiring never got theirs to work correctly, so thanks in advance for any further info.
Also, also: link to service manual, anyone?