Cargo Organizer in a 2013 Model

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsainfreek

Does anyone have a 2013 leaf with the cargo organizer? Trying to figure out if it is worth getting. I understand that the organizer was good for 2011-12 because there was a hump in the trunk and the organizer would create a flat cargo area when the back seats are folded down. However, with the 2013s there is no hump. So I'm thinking that would create a cargo area that is higher than the backseats when folded down. Just want to confirm with someone who actually has it.

I don't think that would happen - the seats are the same, right? I suspect what you'll have instead is a gap between the seats and the organizer. Unless they've redesigned the organizer to give it it's own paunch?

nsainfreek said:
Does anyone have a 2013 leaf with the cargo organizer? Trying to figure out if it is worth getting. I understand that the organizer was good for 2011-12 because there was a hump in the trunk and the organizer would create a flat cargo area when the back seats are folded down. However, with the 2013s there is no hump. So I'm thinking that would create a cargo area that is higher than the backseats when folded down. Just want to confirm with someone who actually has it.
I have it in my '13. It's the same as it was in previous years so now there is a gap between the organizer and the back seats when the back seats are folded down. The seat back and the organizer are still at the same height.

I ordered the organizer with my car and only used it for a month or so before I took it out. I like the storage capacity without the organizer to be honest. I eventually sold it (basically brand new) to another local Leaf owner. It's funny. They send you Nissan stamped shopping bags with the organizer, but the bags are too tall to fit in the back with the organizer in place. They get squashed by the cargo area cover! What moog designed that? :lol:

The cargo organizer kinda wastes a bit of space because its footprint at the bottom is smaller than at the top (slightly slanted in from the top to the bottom). So you have all that wasted "hidden" space around the organizer when it's in place. But it's good to help create a flush surface with the folded down rear seats. Also, if you have a lot of small tidbit items that you carry with, it's nice to keep them all inside there and the top covers gives you a new surface to put your grocery bags or what-have-you on top nicely.

I'm surprised they didn't bother redesign it for the 2013 MY to fill out the empty space left where the old charger was. That's just poor/lazy design to me.

TonyWilliams said:
Volusiano said:
I'm surprised they didn't bother redesign it for the 2013 MY to fill out the empty space left where the old charger was. That's just poor/lazy design to me.

It just may not be available for 2013- newer cars.
Mine has it.

Volusiano said:

It would cover up the Bose subwoofer in premium package models if it did.

I have the organizer in my '12. Came with it since it was an orphan and I got whatever the original orderer had requested. Glad I have it, since we put a bike in the back pretty often, and it would be much more difficult without it. I also like keeping my L1 charger, extension cords, and winter weather essentials in there. Too bad it's absurdly expensive...

jelloslug said:
TonyWilliams said:
Volusiano said:

It just may not be available for 2013- newer cars.
Mine has it.

Is it now made of black plastic like the online info claims? The pictures still show it as gray like the one in my '12.

Volusiano said:

I think a better solution would have been a separate drop-in box just for that space, to be used on Bose-less 2013 models. That way Nissan doesn't have to stock two different Cargo Organizers. It would be a great place to store things like gloves, flashlight, or even the portable EVSE (rather than that external case).

iluvmacs said:
Is it now made of black plastic like the online info claims? The pictures still show it as gray like the one in my '12.
Mine is black but so is my interior.

nsainfreek said:
I'm asking my dealer about the Cargo Organizer and they're telling me that there isn't one for the 2013s. Are the 2011-12 the same?

That dealer is misinformed. There IS one for the 2013s. I saw it in the 2013 LEAF booklet. I couldn't see any gap between it and the back seats.

LEAFfan said:
nsainfreek said:
I'm asking my dealer about the Cargo Organizer and they're telling me that there isn't one for the 2013s. Are the 2011-12 the same?

That dealer is misinformed. There IS one for the 2013s. I saw it in the 2013 LEAF booklet. I couldn't see any gap between it and the back seats.

I certainly do when I see that picture...

13TDI_LEAFb080.jpg

iluvmacs said:
LEAFfan said:
nsainfreek said:

I certainly do when I see that picture...

13TDI_LEAFb080.jpg

Yeah, I see it now with the enlargement.

LEAFfan said:
Yeah, I see it now with the enlargement.
That looks the same as the 2011 organizer and looks nothing like the 2013 organizer that is shown on the Nissan Japan web site
http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/OPTION/dop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dop_th_22.jpg

Someone from a different forum topic linked this accessories site; they have a nicer view of the cargo organizer and indicated it applies to the 2013. I thought the cargo dimensions changed from 2012 -> 2013? I've messaged them for confirmation. If they say it fits the 2013 then I may order it and return it (eating shipping cost) if it doesn't fit.

http://www.authorizednissanparts.com/Nissan-Leaf-Cargo-Organizer_p_46.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gman99 said:
Someone from a different forum topic linked this accessories site; they have a nicer view of the cargo organizer and indicated it applies to the 2013. I thought the cargo dimensions changed from 2012 -> 2013? I've messaged them for confirmation. If they say it fits the 2013 then I may order it and return it (eating shipping cost) if it doesn't fit.

http://www.authorizednissanparts.com/Nissan-Leaf-Cargo-Organizer_p_46.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It will fit, at least unless you have the SV/SL Premium Package, but it will leave a gap. I haven't seen any confirmation as to whether it will even fit if you have that Bose speaker back there. My guess is that you will be unhappy either way.

Ray

Interesting; from that picture it seems as though they put a '13 organizer (since it's black) in a '11/'12 Leaf (since it has the full charger "hump"). But it looks pretty identical to the gray organizer that came with my '12.

Back