JDM Part # F2809-3NC0A Illuminated Nissan Logo Install Tips

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thew

Hi all, we just made up this PDF with install tips for anyone interested in the JDM LED Illuminated Nissan Nissan Logo for the LEAF.
Its to big to try to post here so I will just link to the PDF.
http://depoteco.com/blog/leaf-illuminated-logo-install/
----------------------------------------------------------
Nissan Part # F2809-3NC0A Illuminated Nissan Logo (LEAF)

This DIY is intended to provided you with install tips as the JDM instruction sheet provided from Nissan is written in
Japanese.

illuminatednissanlogo.gif

illuminatednissanlogo1.gif

Consisting of a blue LED light
hidden under the Nissan Logo on the
charging port door, creating a faint
blue glow when your car’s lights are
switched on.
illuminatednissanlogo2.gif

illuminatednissanlogo3.gif

Easy installation in about one hour assuming you have some basic skills and tools.

Tools Needed:

1 10 mm socket or end wrench
1 drill motor, a 3/8 drill bit
1 small standard screwdriver
Cutting tool / Fein Multimaster tool for controlled cutting,or you can use a drill bit, grinder, or other cutting tool.

First step is to open your hood and charging door, disconnect your negative battery terminal from the 12 volt service
battery. Next open up your Nissan lighted emblem kit and make sure you have all of the correct parts as picture
below.
leafembkit.jpg

See the Install Tips .PDF here for more. http://depoteco.com/pdf/DIY Illuminated Nissan Logo Install.pdf

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I'm pretty sure such a blue light would be illegal most anywhere in the USA. Blue lighting is reserved for emergency and law enforcement, as far as I know.

Nubo said:
Sorry to be a wet blanket but I'm pretty sure such a blue light would be illegal most anywhere in the USA. Blue lighting is reserved for emergency and law enforcement, as far as I know.
illuminatednissanlogo3.gif

Its not that bright at all. It just makes the emblem glow

And it is legal...
"Section 25400(b) of the California Vehicle Code, aftermarket exterior lights, including underglow lights, attached to the front of a vehicle cannot be red in color, but all other colors are permitted."
But Read this from the CVC ..
---------------------------

Candela Limitation
In California, underglow lights must emit a diffused light in order to comply with state law. More specifically, under Division 12, Chapter 2, Article 10 Section 25400(a) of the California Vehicle Code, aftermarket exterior lights attached to vehicles must emit a nonglaring light of 0.05 candelas per square inch of area or less.

Color Limitations
Under under Division 12, Chapter 2, Article 10 Section 25400(b) of the California Vehicle Code, aftermarket exterior lights, including underglow lights, attached to the front of a vehicle cannot be red in color, but all other colors are permitted. Aftermarket exterior lights must also not be place in a position where they might interfere with the effectiveness of visibility or required lights such as break lights, tail lights, turn signals and headlights.

Size Limitations
All aftermarket underglow lights must be 720 square inches or less if the vehicle is leased or rented or it will be primarily driven in residential districts and nearby municipalities. However, show cars are not subject to this limitation in Division 12, Chapter 2, Article 10 Section 25400(c) of the California Vehicle Code aftermarket exterior lights attached to vehicles

Read more: California Laws Lights | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6396574_california-laws-neon-lights.html#ixzz2OxiLHyaZ
---------------------------------

hey great timing, I just received mine via the slow boat from Japan...will be installing it shortly.

Good quality and detail in the PDF too, thanks.

Duncan said:
hey great timing, I just received mine via the slow boat from Japan...will be installing it shortly.

Good quality and detail in the PDF too, thanks.

Happy to help.. :) I just got the JDM charge port Light kit to.. ill make a DIY for that soon. :)

marcucci said:
OK, apparently I'm an idiot... where did you get it from? A google of the p/n doesn't show, and ebay didn't show any sellers.
I have them on our Web site for Sale.. We imported them from Japan / Nissan.
But If you just ask Google to search for " F2890-3NC0A " We should be the only listing you find.. :)

See the link below for our LEAF Category on our site.:
http://www.depoteco.com/nissan-leaf-parts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am assuming this won't work with a '13 SL with around view monitor?

Also, will the JDM illuminated kick plates work on US Leafs? I know from installing these on Infinitis' that they plug into the BCM. Since the BCM would be on the opposite side (RH vs LH drive) would these work on our Leafs?

Thanks!

Jimmy, I'm looking at doing this on my SL with premium (aka around view monitor) and it looks like the camera is mounted into the metal the badge is sitting on, rather than the badge itself. So physically it seems like it'd work. I'll take a picture in a few.

Or we're you talking about the wiring required already being used?

Dave

thehelix112 said:
Jimmy, I'm looking at doing this on my SL with premium (aka around view monitor) and it looks like the camera is mounted into the metal the badge is sitting on, rather than the badge itself. So physically it seems like it'd work. I'll take a picture in a few.

Or we're you talking about the wiring required already being used?

Dave

All of the above, lol. I didn't know if any of the camera stuff (actual camera, camera bracket, wiring, etc) was in the way as far as drilling holes, etc.

nonleafeater said:
I am assuming this won't work with a '13 SL with around view monitor?

Also, will the JDM illuminated kick plates work on US Leafs? I know from installing these on Infinitis' that they plug into the BCM. Since the BCM would be on the opposite side (RH vs LH drive) would these work on our Leafs?

Thanks!

Good Question. My Guess is yes.. But the Camera Location is the Question..

IMG_20130411_091443.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture. I hadn't read the PDF before I took the pic, but I have now so I'll try to take a few more pics of the places involved.

Dave

Looks like it might just work.. And thanks for the Pic.. I am also considering bringing in the Full Camera Kit that is available.. I think that the LED Back Mount would work Under the Base that has the camera in it. You would need to remove the Camera and the Emblem .. Then install the LED back Lite. Then the Camera and then the Emblem.. But I bet you don't need to drill any holes as the Camera Lead must use the same Path for wires..

I don't think there is a detachable base for the badge: the rise that the camera is mounted into is the door itself. I'll triple check when I go back to the car.

Dave

thehelix112 said:
I don't think there is a detachable base for the badge: the rise that the camera is mounted into is the door itself. I'll triple check when I go back to the car.

Dave

No I believe it is.. The Door has a Recess in it.. The Emblem, sits in the recess.. See My PDF you will notice that the Charging door has a depression for the emblem to sit down in.. So it looks like the Camera Base is built on the door .. But I do not think Nissan Made a New Door just for the 2013, Also Like the LED Back Light i think the Camera Base just Mounts in between.. It looks like its all one unit.. But take a look at the PDF for the LED light I think you will see.

It Looks like you can just mount the LED Back Light Kit to the Camera Base, Then Mount the Emblem on top.. It might look like a Dubble Stuffed Oreo Cookie :)

Attachments

• LEDEmb.gif
    LEDEmb.gif
    109.4 KB · Views: 116
  • leaf (9)500x.gif
    leaf (9)500x.gif
    133.2 KB · Views: 116
Back