Bi-XENON replacing Halogens H13

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goixiz

I just finished installing my Bi Xenons after troubleshooting defective product. But i do have to say i am very happy with the results. I do have to grab some dinner and wash up and will post some pictures of the install and results.

The install is definately not a plug and play, not like what the manufacturer says.

Even after several emails there is no way without permanently changing the stock part - driilling a 32mm hole to remove the stock part on the sealed HL cover and there is no provision to reseal the cover to prevent moisture from getting into the headlamp after the required modification.

I took a differnet route and made an adapter to eliminate the need for any drilling and made the install a very simple - tru plug and play [No cutting / No Drilling / NO Sealant] AND to go back to stock is a 20 minute conversion.

Attach are the pictures of the adapter (orange color) i added and how the ballasts and controller are mounted .....
image-724638.jpeg

image-727201.jpeg

Here are pics from phone cam

The cutoff is nice for a non projector lens
photo-719308.JP

The increase brightness and the contrast of objects is what i really appreciate
image-722018.jpeg

Good work and a better approach than my drilling/soldering method! And xenon appear brighter than my LED bulbs. I'd be interested in a more in depth how to guide in customizing the dust caps without drilling.

Phatcat73 said:
Good work and a better approach than my drilling/soldering method! And xenon appear brighter than my LED bulbs. I'd be interested in a more in depth how to guide in customizing the dust caps without drilling.

Thank you

LEDs should be brighter but the throw is not as powerful. The debate has been with lumens vs lux (Forgot the term). I bike in the dark some and Cree light works great if the reflector was designed for it. And the housing has ample cooling

Btw I got the 5k. Debated and originally was going for 4300 and 35W.

TomT said:
Just an FYI that numerous studies have shown that 4300K is the best color temperature for human visual acuity at night

goixiz said:
Btw I got the 5k. Debated and originally was going for 4300 and 35W.

i know
and most of these low cost HID bulbs are usually lower than the label and usually off
i have a feeling that the temperature for these low cost bulbs dont have as many options and there are only a few and then put in the box. I rather err on the whiter side

4300 vs 5000k is a small difference. Most OEMs use 4300k on their HID's. Regardless 5k HID's will be much brighter than halogen. I have the 5k Amazon Kensun's bi-xenon's on my Ford. Huge improvement.

With the Cree LED's on my Leaf, they don't hit the road as well, however have an amazing reflecting effect on street signs, better than driving with my stock high beams.

Here are pictures screen captured from phone/car cam

Halogen
Halogen-749953.jpg

Xenon/HID
Xenon-748098.jpg

within 2 minutes on the following day

Hi, great job on the HID install. I HAVE to have great lights and the OE led's were whiter but not much brighter. What I can't tell from the photos is what exactly you did for the no drill conversion. Can you provide a little more detail? Did you make the orange piece ? Thanks in advance!

Sorry to bring up an old thread (especially for a first post on a particular forum... poor form on my part...) but any chance you can share that Shape file for the adaptor?

Goixiz, You aren't by chance a previous 9-2x owner/ forum member and the ixiz of ixizconceps.com, are you?

Back