chivalryx
Delivery Date: 04 Jul 2016

Re: Wireless backup camera to 2013 SV $30 (installation instructions done)

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:42 pm

stjohnh wrote:UPDATE:
The system works exactly as it did when I installed it. About the same time I installed a similar system in my S, but changed out the stereo to get a bigger display (the S radio has a much smaller display than the SV). I also seemed to have more static on my S installation than my wife's SV, so I took out the transmitter on my S and hardwired the camera to the radio. I've also done more work on my S (added backup ultrasonic distance system and ultrasonic blind spot monitoring) so am more comfortable with running wires from the back to the front of the car. I have found that in rainy weather that the camera lens sometimes gets a water drop on it, distorting the image a lot. I still wouldn't do it differently than the writeup, but if you live where it rains a lot, and you don't mind all the hatch trim work, you might install the camera higher up, perhaps under the hatch handle. The image is a little cleaner with the hard wiring on my S than the transmitter images on my wife's SV. I might run wires rather than use the transmitter solution if I had it to do over again.

stjohnh,

Could you please confirm the pin positions on the back of the radio? As mine is missing some, I'll need to get some new pins and install new wires into the connector. I've attached the connector diagram (Large top right connector).

http://imgur.com/a/BgRhF

From what I understand from your photos:
Pin 21 (shield) (Top left of connector)
Pin 41 (video) (Bottom left of connector)
Pin 45 (reverse sense that should be grounded) (5th pin from the left on the bottom row).

Much appreciated!

Chiv.
2013 White Pearl SV (No quick charge)
Weathertech custom floormats
Aftermarket LED Headlight upgrade (45W 4800 lumen/bulb)
12V 20Ah Prismatic LiFeMnPO4 Lead Acid replacement
Aftermarket Rear Backup Camera wired to NAV

chivalryx
Delivery Date: 04 Jul 2016

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Nevermind, digging through other forum topics for other installs the end result for a Non-Bose 2013 SV is

Pin#
40-Video
60-Video Shield
58- Camera Sense (connect it to chassis ground)

Chiv.
2013 White Pearl SV (No quick charge)
Weathertech custom floormats
Aftermarket LED Headlight upgrade (45W 4800 lumen/bulb)
12V 20Ah Prismatic LiFeMnPO4 Lead Acid replacement
Aftermarket Rear Backup Camera wired to NAV

kirkhilles
Delivery Date: 19 Aug 2017
Leaf Number: 022214

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone viewing this thread could help me out before I damage my Leaf :). I have a 2012 SV and am adding a Rear View Camera by using the clip-on Rear Mirror I bought from Amazon:

http://a.co/fizzqYg

I know these are instructions for a 2013, but I can't find much of anything on 2012s.

Luckily, I shouldn't need to drill as there is an area above the license plate that's open (weird, but works) that I'll run through. My Main concern is that I'm a wiring newbie. Please look at the 2 pictures below:

Could someone provide me IDIOT LEVEL instructions on how to tap into those 2 wires? Do I cut them where I've exposed them in the picture and then strip it and then connect BOTH the wire heading to the Brake Light as well as the Red wire for the new electronics TOGETHER in one end of the Butt Connector and connect the other end of the Red/Purple in the other?

Is that correct? You just twist them together and crimp them into the connector?

I was planning on use these 18 gauge ones:

http://a.co/iDoqqeX

Does this make sense?
2012 Leaf SV w/ 35k miles
MyEVStats.com

Return to “Accessories / Mods”