Shark antenna

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugatu84

Guys, can somebody explain to me how to change the antenna to a shark antenna?

I am not sure how to remove the current antenna and replace it with a shark antenna.

Can somebody help we with this?

Thanks,

René

The antenna just unscrews from the existing mount/base.

Your typical aftermarket shark-fin will screw into the base and then is fit over the existing base.

Keep in mind that the GPS/XM antenna is also in the base and covering it will detune them slightly.

The base doesn't come off. It contains electronics for the antenna and a GPS/satellite patch antenna. You can only unscrew the antenna sticking up, and the shark fin should be large enough to fit over the whole assembly.

I did this mod on my Prius and can say that FM/AM reception suffered considerably. Only did it because I lost the antenna in a car wash.

I damaged the base of the antenna on my LEAF (don't ask) and opted to replace the entire assembly which requires dropping the headliner.

drees said:
The base doesn't come off. It contains electronics for the antenna and a GPS/satellite patch antenna. You can only unscrew the antenna sticking up, and the shark fin should be large enough to fit over the whole assembly.

I did this mod on my Prius and can say that FM/AM reception suffered considerably. Only did it because I lost the antenna in a car wash.

I damaged the base of the antenna on my LEAF (don't ask) and opted to replace the entire assembly which requires dropping the headliner.

So drop the head liner to do a better install or should I remove the antenna and bolt over it...radio stations suck out here anyway.

Back