Running a cable from 12V battery to inside

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmith

Hi folks,

I recently bought a 1500W inverter. It runs great from the LEAF 2015, I was even able to weld using my MIller welding machine. Now I'd like to install it permanently inside the car for convenience and longevity. So, do any of you know where I can run the wires? I had a look but there doesn't seem to be any obvious holes leading to the inside.

Regards,

Smith

I've done it on a bunch of my other cars, not on the Leaf yet. It seems there is always a grommet at the firewall you can run it through, on the driver side and passenger side. Leaf is not home for me to look right now. Make sure the wire is the appropriate gauge and be sure to fuse the cable/circuit within 6 inches or so of the battery.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Would it be this thing?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TuF8sgKAKtaXNIM2tzNnE1dUk/view

I'd like to know what I am doing before dismantling everything.

TheSmith said:
Hi folks,

I recently bought a 1500W inverter. It runs great from the LEAF 2015, I was even able to weld using my MIller welding machine. Now I'd like to install it permanently inside the car for convenience and longevity. So, do any of you know where I can run the wires? I had a look but there doesn't seem to be any obvious holes leading to the inside.

Regards,

Smith

Thought I was going to get to post I was the first to use the Leaf to weld while making a Hitch Reciver...you one upped me Mr. Smith

I just added some Hella fog lights but I am also having difficulty finding a way to run wires through the firewall. I am quite happy with the way my mounting scheme works the lights seem to solve my visibility problem but that is with the wires running through the window. Now I need to finish this up. I don't see the grommet you guys are talking about. Does anyone have a picture?

Back