Wheel upgrades for S ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlington

Is there a good option out there that combines low(ish)/reasonable price and better efficiency (low mass / better aero) for upgrading a model S with ugly (and worn) rims?

I also have the S Leaf. I had the steel rim wheels, and managed to get a bunch of new Leaf alloy wheels and tires.... Believe it or not, the OEM Leaf Alloy rims (with exactly the same Ecopia tires) weigh 5 lbs. more EACH!! If you want lower weight, new rims will cost as much as a new set of tires, without a significant improvement. I think - - Be happy with your rims (that you never see when you are driving) and save the money for when you put on new tires....

LeafMuranoDriver said:
If you want better performance out of your wheels (rims) you will have to spend some decent money. Good wheels are not cheap.

I just bought a set of 16" Koenig Incidents for snow tires at $95US each, they weigh like 16.2lbs, which compares well with a steel wheel at 24lbs.

Back