Switching to leather seats in S or SV?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacob25119

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I am planning on buying a 2013 leaf in the next month or so, but am debating between the SV and SL models. I really would like to have the leather seats, but don't know if I want to pay an extra $1500 or more for them. I know the SL has other features as well, but I am mostly interested in the leather seats option. I know that seat covers are an option, but I am not a fan of them.

My question is:

If I buy a SV (or S even), how difficult would it be to swap out the existing seats with leather seats from an SL? Do they use the same mounts, electrical connections, etc? What years would be a direct fit, if any? Also, is there anything else I should consider?

For all intents and purposes lets assume that I will be able to find a pair of leather SL seats at a wrecking yard for a good price.

Thank you!

AFAIK all Leaf seats are the same size and electrical connections. That said if I were you I'd just keep waiting, more than likely a SL(with Leather) will come around, especially if your not particularly fussy about the color. It's also possible to add leather to a vehicle that didn't come with it, although from what I remember with our Prius it wasn't exactly cheap, ~$1000 + $50 each for adding heated seats. The heaters were so cheap(IMO) we added them to not only the fronts but both outside rears. Probably one of the few Prius's with heated rear seats :cool:
Oh I believe the brand we got were Katskin?? or something like that, they were/are very good quality and basically look like the original and have held up for 9 years now.
FYI:
http://www.autoseatskins.com/nissan-leaf-katzkin-leather-seats-s/561.htm
I believe we had the upholstery shop that did the work also order the seat covers(and arm rests and everything else that was previously cloth) as it wasn't really any cheaper to order it myself. I do lots of DIY but reupholstering the seats wasn't something I wanted to tackle.

elsewhere I read some time back.. about a shop in SoCal that recoverd all the seats in a Leaf with leather for $1000.
Probably the best bet if geopgraphy is workable.

Costco sells leather seat cover set for full set $689... 389 for front ( don't look that swell) CoverCraft ?
.. there are links in the seatcover threads to some very nice cad-cam cut leather covers
( install video on Youtube) but couldn't confirm they had covers for Leaf. CalCuts or something like that. Those were extremely nicely fit.. and difficult to see that they were covers.

The SL is overpriced ( so is the SV) unless you get a year end 2016 model..
which can save to 10-15 grand is California.. but you take what they have.

Back