'S' Upgrades?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVENSTAR

Just acquired a 2013 'S' and wondering if anyone has done any upgrades on an 'S' taken from the SL/SV . I have a Nissan Tech in the family so parts/expertise are easy to access, curious if anyone has experience with:

- Upgrading the Bluetooth module with the one from the SV/SL so it's capable of streaming audio and not just hands free calling. I know they have different bt modules, curious if anyone has done it.

-adding cruise control

-installing fog lights

- replacing the center console with the bigger monitor/touch capable screen

- installing the all around cameras

If anyone has done these or other mods, I'd love to chat :D

The fog lights have been done. You have to add a wiring harness because the S doesn't have it installed by Nissan, but it isn't really hard otherwise. The result is generally a nicer looking car, but not much more useful light. The other stuff is much harder than you are thinking, from what I've read. I suggest you look into aftermarket camera systems. There are a couple of topics on the cruise control; it seems to be possible, but not easy or cheap. I don't know that anyone has succeeded in swapping the entertainment unit from an SV/SL into an S.

Hey thanks for the reply. I have a relative who's the designated LEAF tech at the dealer and we like working on projects together, so that'll help...but yea, spent some hours today digging through the forum, and pretty much found what you say...some success stories with fog lights (I agree, mostly for looks, but I do like the look much better), some cruise control threads with mixed results, nobody seems to have tried the Bluetooth streaming audio module swap, definitely nobody talking about adding the all around cameras / whole center console.

Cheers,

Also, keep in mind that being the designated Leaf Tech can mean simply that your relative lost a round of "Not it!" and had to take a few hours of Leaf training. I wouldn't count on that being enough to swap an infotainment unit.

Hahaha. He wanted to be the EV guy, but you're right, he has complained that they don't get much more than a couple hours training session/yr and usually find out things on the internet faster than Nissan tells them...

Back