Are There Any Good Aftermarket Around View Type Camera Setups?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftieBiker

Staff member
The disappointing news about the unchanged 2017 Leaf SV and SL have me thinking about the Bolt again. I can't buy or lease a $40k car (Bolt Premium), but maybe I can add a camera system? Are there any good ones that don't require extensive mods to the car? Such a system would also let me consider Leaf SVs without premium Package.

All I know is if you do go that route, make sure the cameras have glass lenses!
I installed a backup camera(not all around) on a prior vehicle and it didn't last even 2 years before the lens clouded over :x what a total waste, took quite a bit of work to install it and within 2 years it was so cloudy I couldn't see out of it. We've had much better luck with our factory Prius lens, it's almost 10 years old and not a cloud, must be glass...I can't believe having a glass lens adds more than a couple dollars to the cost of the camera and to not do this on a product costing several hundred dollars in unforgivable IMO! New they probably all look the same, only time will tell.

LeftieBiker said:
The disappointing news about the unchanged 2017 Leaf SV and SL have me thinking about the Bolt again. I can't buy or lease a $40k car (Bolt Premium), but maybe I can add a camera system? Are there any good ones that don't require extensive mods to the car? Such a system would also let me consider Leaf SVs without premium Package.

I called my local car install place, and they didn't have the OEM version, but one that would replace the rear view mirror. $500 installed.

Back