Adapter 24kwh to 30kwh

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xado1

is there already an adapter to connect the 30kwh battery to a 24kwh leaf?
has anyone a circuit diagram from the different battery conectors (the connector with the pins)
thank you

There is an adapter kit needed to fit the 2013+ style battery into the 2011/2012 models. I think they have been using the same connectors since then. Changing a LEAF battery pack requires a special key card from Nissan to be used with the Consult device to pair the BMS in the pack to the car. The only way around this is to move the BMS card from the old battery pack to the new one (if they are compatible), or to move the battery cells and wiring harness from the new pack to the old one. There is a thread here from someone (Cor) who has done this a few times.

doing this would require a lot of custom hardware since connections between the two packs are simply different. Then you would have to reprogram the BMS. Yes, it can be done but it would be a very expensive DIY project.

I know a guy that is making electronics to make that upgrade plug and play

DaveinOlyWA said:
doing this would require a lot of custom hardware since connections between the two packs are simply different. Then you would have to reprogram the BMS. Yes, it can be done but it would be a very expensive DIY project.

Why do you continue to guess at answers when posting and not presenting facts? Or do you just like to run-up your post count?

lorenfb said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Why do you continue to guess at answers when posting and not presenting facts? Or do you just like to run-up your post count?

I am only repeating what others have verified since its apparent it needs to be repeated. as far as cost? we all know that there are people here with the know how to do it cheaper. how much cheaper? who knows? But the 30 kwh pack has been out there for a year now and its a bit strange that we have not seen one converted yet.

DaveinOlyWA said:
RNM said:
I know a guy that is making electronics to make that upgrade plug and play

does he have an idea of cost? ETA or really anything to add other than a single general statement?

No idea about cost.
ETA 2nd quarter 2017, I believe

lorenfb said:
Why do you guys keep making threads about putting 30kWh batteries in 24kWh cars when it cannot be done yet?

Will do Dave.

Sendler, if nissan has done it, it is not impossible.

If I am reading the class-action settlement letter correctly, it would appear that when your capacity drops below 8 segments, then NISSAN will replace the failing 24kwh battery with their latest battery. That suggests that certainly, Nissan has HAD to have replaced some of these by now -- yes?

I know my charge capacity and hence my trip range is dropping like a rock. So I expect that within the next year, I'll likely need a Nissan-provided battery replacement.

Anyone out there had their battery replaced under this settlement program?

sendler2112 said:
Come on you guys. Nissan is replacing 24 packs with 24 packs. Although it is the improved Lizard battery.

Another Nissan USA corporate ops staff member who has access to ALL aspects of USA policy decisions, right?
Most likely have been polling all USA dealers to assure that compliance too, right?

Back