looking for cloneable TPMS sensor for 2016 SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parts007

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a cloneable sensor for a 2016 Leaf SL?

I am looking for a cloneable sensor because I cannot figure how to put the vehicle in TPMS relearn mode. I do have the leaf spy pro but based upon what i have read here, leaf spy pro cannot program new sensors..

Thanks in advance for your input.

Rockauto has a couple of cloneable sensors for a 2013 Leaf. No listing for a 2016 that I can see - not sure why.

One of those two is modestly priced at $38 but the other from the same company is nearly 3x that for some reason.

See: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,2013,leaf,0cyl+electric,1505865,wheel/tire,tire+pressure+monitoring+system+(tpms)+sensor,12036

A related question I have is:

I believe the industry standard is to number the sensors LF (1), RF (2), RR (3), and LR (4).

Is this the order that LEAFstat report the p.s.i.? (LeafSpy uses a diagram I think so no ambiguity possible.)

macnut said:
Rockauto has a couple of cloneable sensors for a 2013 Leaf. No listing for a 2016 that I can see - not sure why.

Yes I did see that on Rock Auto, from the Nissan online parts catalog, the part numbers for a 2013 and 2016 are different

2016 407003AN1B year range 08/15 - 12/16

2013 407003AN1A year range 12/12 - 04/14

I found this on another post, basically stating that the Leaf Spy Pro will work with new sensors...!!!! Nice

Re: Discuss Tire Registration function of Battery App: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:58 pm

actibus wrote:

Will this work to register new TPMS sensor?

Turbo3 Posts:

"As long as they are compatible with the Leaf then they can be registered. It is the Leaf that does the registration. Leaf Spy Pro only tells the Leaf to start a registration process."

FYI to all: I was able to program (register) 4 brand new Tire pressure sensors (not cloneable) to my 2016 Leaf with the Leaf Spy Pro app. 3 sensors were AFM and one was OEM.. I have not read anywhere that this was able to be done so I a saying it. Very successful and very happy I do not have to rely on a tire shop to program my sensors every six months..

interested in more info on clonable sensors. does this mean I can in theory have more than 4 sensors working with the car (IE actual cloning)

so I can put sensors in my spare and winter tires and not have to reprogram etc.. I can just clone them and they will just work? or are they keyed per wheel location?

nerys said:
interested in more info on clonable sensors. does this mean I can in theory have more than 4 sensors working with the car (IE actual cloning)

so I can put sensors in my spare and winter tires and not have to reprogram etc.. I can just clone them and they will just work? or are they keyed per wheel location?

at the time I was looking, cloneable sensors were not available.

The cloneable sensors would each be matched to your factory wheel sensors (programmed at the tire shop for the first time). So when you switch your snow rim/tire set, the vehicle will be reading the cloned sensors and wont know the difference.

You can switch tire/rims sets back and forth and no relearn is necessary, as the vehicle thinks it is reading the same sensors.

I have this on my spouse's car and it is very handy.

Back