I just got my Weathertech floor liners for my 2013 Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnKuthe

And they fit PERFECTLY!! The front two liners even have little molded in holes right where the factory peg things are! Perfect!!

I LOVE Weathertech.com for their auto floor liners! I am not affiliated with Weathertech at all except as a very satisfied customer!

John Kuthe...

Not sure if they've corrected this from when I first got mine in '14 but I had a rather nasty issue of my break pedal getting caught on the top of my Weathertech liners. I first noticed it when someone else went to drive my Leaf and they came back after only a few hundred feet......saying it had no power and wouldn't coast at all. Turns out the break pedal got caught on the new liners and wouldn't allow the pedal to completely return back, so the breaks were always slightly on :shock:
It took some poking around on my hands and knees with a flashlight before I finally saw what was happening. I immediately called Weathertech who said I could return them for a full credit and they would look into redesigning them. I took and emailed them some good photos showing exactly where they would catch and even drew on them(with a silver Sharpie) where I thought they should be cut to eliminate the catching. In the end I just ended up cutting it myself with a box cutter and it hasn't caught since. I'm guessing W.T. got it fixed as I haven't heard anyone complaining about what I had happen. I agree they do work rather nice and they really help keep my windows from fogging in the winter as after a snow when they fill with water I wet vac them dry. Without the mats the water would simply soak into the carpet and slowly evaporate into the cabin, once evaporated into the air the moisture would condense on the cold windshield and either cause fog or frost, neither of which you want on your Leaf windshield :)
The rears are somewhat worthless as they are so small and often get kicked or slid up, so any water in them get spilled on the carpet anyway but luckily I don't have people in the back of my Leaf all that often. I also notice the passenger front often times gets slid way forward as they don't have those nice holding pegs. I've to the point that after I've had a passenger I just glance over at the mat and generally end up pulling it back a few inches, sure wish the passenger side had those pegs.

jjeff said:
Not sure if they've corrected this from when I first got mine in '14 but I had a rather nasty issue of my break pedal getting caught on the top of my Weathertech liners. I first noticed it when someone else went to drive my Leaf and they came back after only a few hundred feet......saying it had no power and wouldn't coast at all. Turns out the break pedal got caught on the new liners and wouldn't allow the pedal to completely return back, so the breaks were always slightly on :shock:
It took some poking around on my hands and knees with a flashlight before I finally saw what was happening. I immediately called Weathertech who said I could return them for a full credit and they would look into redesigning them. I took and emailed them some good photos showing exactly where they would catch and even drew on them(with a silver Sharpie) where I thought they should be cut to eliminate the catching. In the end I just ended up cutting it myself with a box cutter and it hasn't caught since. I'm guessing W.T. got it fixed as I haven't heard anyone complaining about what I had happen, but I agree they do work rather nice and they really help keep my windows from fogging in the winter as after a snow when they fill with water I wet vac them dry. Without the mats the water would simply soak into the carpet and slowly evaporate into the cabin, once evaporated into the air the moisture would condense on the cold windshield and either cause fog or frost, neither of which you want on your Leaf windshield :)

I haven't driven with them in yet, but I will watch out for that. Thanks for the heads up!

John Kuthe...

Back