Rear suspension upgrade.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillerman

I've got a receiver hitch on the back of my Leaf. I welded up a rack to carry my Scroozer on the back. The extra weight on the rear bumper kicks my head lights up a bit. I bought an Air Lift 1000 system for it with wireless on-board compressor. The Air Lift site had zero data on which system was the correct fitment on the Nissan Leaf. It looks like no one has actually done this yet. If I ever convert my Leaf to a 48 Kwh Leaf I'll need the extra capacity. My second attempt at installing the correct air bags got me the 60606 part number. One small business owner in Tempe, AZ is pulling a trailer with his Leaf daily. I was surprised I could find a Curt hitch for mine. The company that was doing the 48 Kwh conversions went under but they would have had to do something to safely carry two lizard packs on board. Air Lift wants my You Tube vid when I've worked all the kinks out of this upgrade.

I hope it works out! I too would like to upgrade my Leaf adding another Leaf battery to it. It should be much more economical than trading the Leaf for any EV with longer range than the Leaf or any PHEV.

I couldn't find a 60606 air lift part number maybe it's been discontinued?
But I did find a 60909 part number, appears to be for smaller car sized coil springs.

Back