CRITICAL upgrade. I can't believe it took me 60k miles to do this. vent shades.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerys

An absolute MUST BUY for the leaf. I am kicking myself for suffering SO long without these wonderful things

http://www.amazon.com/TuningPros-WV-838-Window-Visor-Deflector/dp/B01AYK8YOY

I have had a huge problem with my leaf. fogging windows.

I deliver for a living so using the heat is a big nono and using defrosters is a bigger nono. it just eats up so much juice. I average 60 to 120 miles A DAY in my leaf)

I will be turning over 60,000 miles sometime in the next week. scared the hell out of me when the OBCC failed 600miles before warranty expiration. really scared the crap put of me. $1800 part. so I plunked down the $2400 to extend my warrant to 96,000 miles. Ouch. $128 a month for 18 months. that's going to hurt.

anyway. constant epic battle to fight fogging NOTHING works.

these do. while they won't help when its truly cold and the inside of my windscreen ices up (yep that was a new one for me)

they virtually END all fogging from rain damp weather!!!!

its simple really. I can now keep all 4 windows open a bit at all times. so the inside of the car is never a different temp than the outside. ie they never really fog up.

one time 8 pizza's started fogging them a little just opened my drivers window a bit more for a mile and it cleared.

oh my god it is so freaking wonderful! I can't believe it took me 3 years to get these. SO stupid.

NO more fogging issues! YEAH!!!!! and such a damned cheap fix too. and is also adds to security since I can keep the windows open without passerby's KNOWING they are open at a glance.

and double plus good bonus they actually look good too. I will post pictures later.

I just may have to get some those. I looked for some right off the bad from the big brand(Weather Tech I believe) but unfortunately they did't sell them for the Leaf(something all too common for basically every vehicle I ever own) but these look pretty decent, and a great price too, thanks!
I like them for not only fog but helping some of the hot air out of the car on a hot sunny day.

I've never had fogging issues, but then again, I've never had 8 pizza's in the car!

There was a thread where someone got these from JP (since Nissan sells them as an accessory there, but not here). (maybe http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5270). But they were much more than the $25 these cost!

i had vent visor on my leaf too. (cannot do it if I have leased one. but this is mine and i like it. :p)
the alignment for sticking the thing is tricking. the window frame is curved, not a flat plane (who want a flat piece of flat door anyway). i need to stick the visor about 1/8" lower from door frame top edge to get a better overall contact surface. (but the first window is already done when i found out.) even so, there is a gap developing between the visor top edge and the door frame. I filled the gap with "life time warranty against mold" bathroom silicon (clear color). so far so good.
wind noise is more. kwh/mile may be little bit worst, not a lot.

Yeah the fit and finish was not perfect but it works thankfully the trim around the window is black already so it looks good a lease vehicle wouldn't be a problem as they are removable after a fashion and you can clean up the residue

I have not noticed the range difference but this is likely because most of my driving is low speed under 40 miles an hour I have noticed a slight increase in noise but it is so worth it to not have to deal with the water coming in the windows in the windows fogging up

Another benefit is now the air doesn't beat me in the face when I have the windows open it diverts the air just enough that it goes behind me instead of into me I am rather large so I have the seat all the way back.

Back