Optimum speed for a Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafspeed

Right from the start of my ownership, it irritated med that I could not calculate the optimum speed to drive until I reached the next charging station. So I always was too conservative, ending up wasting time. To get a better Idea of what speed to drive, I made the app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leaf-speed/id1239220786?mt=8 which gets the weather, helps you calculate the distance and then recommends the highest speed you can drive to get here.

Apps like yours are promising, good luck to you.

Is Denmark mostly flat land? Ideally altitude changes should factored in, along the chosen route.

I like the weather data tie in feature.

Tying in tire pressures would be helpful.

You'd need a units conversion for the States.

Knowing the air temperature is key; both for aero drag but also for whether you need to use HVAC.

Knowing how many people are in the car, and/or whether you are carrying something heavy, can have a small effect on range.

For example, all those (and a few more) are variables you can set at EVTripPlanner. Note that is a site for Tesla SuperChargers, but he has made some allowances for LEAFs (you can select a LEAF under EV model, but it doesn't find chargers!).

Back