DeudeMann
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2017

Re: Installed TSW 18" Rims and Megan Coilovers

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:58 am

I am seriously considering the same modification (tires for sure, shocks maybe) and am wondering what your efficiency numbers look like. Even if it loses a little, say less than 10%, I would not be dissuaded. If it gains range, bonus.

BTW I also like the larger tire diameter. My speedometer reads about 7% fast with the stock size tire (apparently a common problem) so the additional diameter will help correct that.
How do I turn up the boost on this thing?

drees

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:50 pm

whoiswholeaf wrote:The front camber of car was actually within spec, I got lucky when I installed the camber bolts and eyeballed the camber. The camber was about -0.2 and -0.5 and after the toe adjustment the final camber results were -0.3 and -0.4. They did not adjust the rear at all for toe or camber, I asked and the tech said there is no adjustment for the rear. The paperwork shows that the camber for the rear is -1.4 and -1.1 which from the naked eye I can see it was tucked inward. Now the question is, can the rear camber be adjusted?? I saw on tirerack that they sell rear camber bolts to adjust the camber, just not sure which bolt you replace to add to adjust the camber. I would like to get the rear camber as close to zero as possible, at least closer to like what I have for the front camber.

All manufacturers dial in about -1.0 to -1.5* of camber in the rear and typically +- 0.5* in the front stock. Slightly more negative in the rear which gives the rear tires more grip when cornering which minimizes the risk of oversteer.

It's really negligible, you won't see any adverse wear on your tires from it.

If you want a bit more grip from the front tires, you can also dial in about -1.0* of camber in the front to better match the rears if it makes you feel better. A bit more negative camber should also help with the rubbing.

If you really want to adjust the rears, you'll have to do some research on shims to make those adjustments which is the typical method for adjusting camber/toe on a twist beam rear suspension like on the LEAF. This link should get you started:
https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/c ... gnment-kit
'11 LEAF SL Powered By 3.24 kW Enphase Solar PV

whoiswholeaf
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 Jun 2015
Leaf Number: 315584

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 am

DeudeMann wrote:I am seriously considering the same modification (tires for sure, shocks maybe) and am wondering what your efficiency numbers look like. Even if it loses a little, say less than 10%, I would not be dissuaded. If it gains range, bonus.

BTW I also like the larger tire diameter. My speedometer reads about 7% fast with the stock size tire (apparently a common problem) so the additional diameter will help correct that.

Looking at the Nissan app, the last 3 months avg energy was around 4.2-4.3, the month of July so far I am avg 3.9, so that would be about 9-10% reduction in my avg range.

Return to “Accessories / Mods”