Anyone installed passenger side camera?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirkhilles

I finished installing a simple mirror/backup cam on my 2012 SV (http://a.co/i1Moj7j) for $30 and love it. It is a huge improvement for me to be able to see while backing up. I wound up just powering it into a cig adapter. The only feature that I miss while driving it vs my 16 Civic is the side view camera that pops up when you turn on your turn signals.

It got me thinking. There's lots of room to put a small 4.3" lcd/tft screen by the passenger window (by the funky front window thing) and attach a small camera underneath the side view mirror and have a fulltime blindspot monitoring system.

Anybody try this or consider trying it?

I installed video mirrors on both sides of my Scion xA. The monitor(s) need to be close to the driver, and you have to prevent glare on the screen, and on the inside of the windshield at night. I used 7" monitors, and they need to be LED backlit. The first ones I had were not LED, and they got dimmer and dimmer the hotter they got.

NeilBlanchard said:
I installed video mirrors on both sides of my Scion xA. The monitor(s) need to be close to the driver, and you have to prevent glare on the screen, and on the inside of the windshield at night. I used 7" monitors, and they need to be LED backlit. The first ones I had were not LED, and they got dimmer and dimmer the hotter they got.

Thanks, good to know!

Back