webeleafowners
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

How does the cargo organizer work. Height etc

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm trying to imagine how this accessorie sits in the bottom of the trunk area. Does anything have to be removed. Does it make it level to the hatch lip. Is it a good place to hide things out of plain site that one needs to keep in the car. Considering getting one for a couple reasons.

Image
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Mittens
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Oct 2017

Re: How does the cargo organizer work. Height etc

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:00 am

Nothing needs to be removed to insert the cargo organizer. It sits about 1" below the level of the hatch lip. I wouldn't say it hides much. It is fairly obvious from the outside that the lids open. I would guess that most people would think there are belongings underneath. One thing to consider is that you will need to put foam tape between the organizer and interior trunk panels. The organizer will scratch those panels.
All that being said, I love the organizer. Think of all the small/medium sized items that roll around or slide in a trunk. This does a great job of preventing that. Also, the tubs are waterproof. So, it's a great place to put that thermos or soup container that you don't trust 100%.

webeleafowners
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: How does the cargo organizer work. Height etc

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mittens wrote:Nothing needs to be removed to insert the cargo organizer. It sits about 1" below the level of the hatch lip. I wouldn't say it hides much. It is fairly obvious from the outside that the lids open. I would guess that most people would think there are belongings underneath. One thing to consider is that you will need to put foam tape between the organizer and interior trunk panels. The organizer will scratch those panels.
All that being said, I love the organizer. Think of all the small/medium sized items that roll around or slide in a trunk. This does a great job of preventing that. Also, the tubs are waterproof. So, it's a great place to put that thermos or soup container that you don't trust 100%.


Thanks for the reply. I m reluctant to carry stuff with us that can be easily seen from the outside. We have a bag with our adapters, 240 volt EVSE and our Tesla to J1772 adapter. Probably 500 bucks worth of stuff that I would rather not have in obvious view. It is more of a road trip kit but still. It would be nice to hide it.

Now to find a black one.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

baustin
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162
Location: North Las Vegas, NV

Re: How does the cargo organizer work. Height etc

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:52 pm

webeleafowners wrote:
Mittens wrote:Nothing needs to be removed to insert the cargo organizer. It sits about 1" below the level of the hatch lip. I wouldn't say it hides much. It is fairly obvious from the outside that the lids open. I would guess that most people would think there are belongings underneath. One thing to consider is that you will need to put foam tape between the organizer and interior trunk panels. The organizer will scratch those panels.
All that being said, I love the organizer. Think of all the small/medium sized items that roll around or slide in a trunk. This does a great job of preventing that. Also, the tubs are waterproof. So, it's a great place to put that thermos or soup container that you don't trust 100%.


Thanks for the reply. I m reluctant to carry stuff with us that can be easily seen from the outside. We have a bag with our adapters, 240 volt EVSE and our Tesla to J1772 adapter. Probably 500 bucks worth of stuff that I would rather not have in obvious view. It is more of a road trip kit but still. It would be nice to hide it.

Now to find a black one.


If you don't want your stuff visible to the outside, get one of the Cargo Covers. They are about $100, and snap in easily. It goes up and down with the hatch, and hides everything under it in the cargo area.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

webeleafowners
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:37 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015
Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia

Re: How does the cargo organizer work. Height etc

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:57 am

baustin wrote:
webeleafowners wrote:
Mittens wrote:Nothing needs to be removed to insert the cargo organizer. It sits about 1" below the level of the hatch lip. I wouldn't say it hides much. It is fairly obvious from the outside that the lids open. I would guess that most people would think there are belongings underneath. One thing to consider is that you will need to put foam tape between the organizer and interior trunk panels. The organizer will scratch those panels.
All that being said, I love the organizer. Think of all the small/medium sized items that roll around or slide in a trunk. This does a great job of preventing that. Also, the tubs are waterproof. So, it's a great place to put that thermos or soup container that you don't trust 100%.


Thanks for the reply. I m reluctant to carry stuff with us that can be easily seen from the outside. We have a bag with our adapters, 240 volt EVSE and our Tesla to J1772 adapter. Probably 500 bucks worth of stuff that I would rather not have in obvious view. It is more of a road trip kit but still. It would be nice to hide it.

Now to find a black one.


If you don't want your stuff visible to the outside, get one of the Cargo Covers. They are about $100, and snap in easily. It goes up and down with the hatch, and hides everything under it in the cargo area.


Thanks for the tip.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Return to “Accessories / Mods”