Has anyone purchased car seat covers for the LEAFs ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPC2822

For those who have their LEAFs: has anyone purchased car seat covers for the LEAFs yet? If so, price, where were they purchased and what model, brand, etc.?
Thanks!

JPC2822 said:
For those who have their LEAFs: has anyone purchased car seat covers for the LEAFs yet? If so, price, where were they purchased and what model, brand, etc.?
Thanks!
I suggest posting this as a new thread in the "accessories" forum.

I'm still driving with the plastic saran wrap ones from the factory on the seats.

The WAF is dropping rapidly... :)

A little sloppy on the install; I didn't figure out what the plastic tubes were that go between seat back and bottom until later. The plastic thing on the center armrest is a bowl cover with elastic around the edge, like a cheap hair cover for the shower.

Seatcover2.jpg

-Karl

Any opinion about these covers by fh from Amazon ? $45 for the full set.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TYJOG2

41SEr9%2BlGPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've got these, but haven't had time to install them. They do look a little cheap out of the box, but I'm just looking for cheap seat protection until something nicer/permanent comes along.

I'll try to get these installed soon with pictures.

Greg

evnow -
I searched Amazon and the come up with this message-We did not find any products that fit the 2011 Nissan Leaf.

Oh I am still waiting for delivery today of my Leaf

Gonewild said:
I searched Amazon and the come up with this message-We did not find any products that fit the 2011 Nissan Leaf.
These are "universal" seat covers. Nobody makes custom fit ones since none of the vendors have a Leaf to play with !

garygid said:
Do these these have rip-out outer sides (on the "back" of the seat) for the side airbags?

Yes ... according to reviews they have lightly stitched sides that will tear when airbags are deployed.

2 pcs front seat covers( airbags readay)

Debating whether to get it or not. I don't want Leaf to look "cheap". The current ones look slick (though apparently some think it is cheap).

easkag said:
I've got these, but haven't had time to install them. They do look a little cheap out of the box, but I'm just looking for cheap seat protection until something nicer/permanent comes along.

I'll try to get these installed soon with pictures.
Did you install ? Waiting for your report before I order ...

Finally got some time yesterday to install the back seat. Since I already have covers on the front seats, I didn't bother with those. Looking at the included front seat covers - they are nicer than the back seat since it is all in one piece and has some limited protection for the back of the seat.

I'll echo the Amazon reviews - you need to cut slots to pull the seat belt buckles, head rests, and seat locking pins through. It's not too hard, but feels weird to cut something brand new. There doesn't seem to be a nice way to pull the middle seat belt through - I ended up bunching it around the top (see pictures in next post).

For the back seat, it just covers the front and bottom part of the back seat - the back of the cover is a bunch of loops that you can tie together (or use a clip to pull all together) - see the picture from the trunk. If you put the seats down, there's not much (if any) protection. Not a big deal for me, but something the seat covers in our minivan do.

The back seat has two parts - one for the back and one for the bottom. The zipper part works fine to split the cover 60/40 so you can tilt the seat down with the cover in place, with the caveat that you'll have the ties holding the cover in place on the "top" of the folded-down seat.

For the bottom, I just tucked it under the seat - so far that seems to hold it in place fine.

The "bags" that cover the head rests are a little too big - not as tight as the cheap covers I have on the front (from Fred Meyer).

They passed the wife acceptance test (mostly with the understanding that these are in place to keep the seats from becoming dirty while waiting for something nicer). It does seem to have the added benefit of keeping the seat belt buckle from falling down into the seat (making it harder for my son to click the belt into the buckle).

I'll add another post in a little bit (it is time for dinner) with pictures.

Greg

Here's a side shot with the cover in place:

From the trunk:

Forgot to add that the loops that hold the back seat cover in place aren't visible with the trunk closed and the cargo cover in place (except around the middle seat belt). You can also see that the headrest covers aren't very tight as compared to the front seats (a different brand). The front seat covers (from Fred Meyer - not part of the Amazon covers) also had an elastic slot in place for the head rest - no cutting required.

The middle seat belt as seen from the back:

And the middle seat belt as seen from the front:

This also shows the zippers that allow the cover to accommodate a variety of seat folding styles.

The bottom part of the middle seat belt isn't a problem - it just tucks under the cover.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg

Back