ZakZak
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:41 am
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2018

2018 Leaf Roof Rack

Sat May 19, 2018 4:04 pm

So I'd like the ability to haul my road bike around but my rear hatch mounted rack will not work because of the plastic roof spoiler. Has anyone put a roof rack on their new Leaf? I have seen them for sale but I have never seen actual photos of one installed on a new Leaf.

kennethbokor
Gold Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:35 pm
Delivery Date: 30 May 2018
Location: Caledon, ON Canada
Contact: Twitter

Re: 2018 Leaf Roof Rack

Sun May 20, 2018 6:10 am

ZakZak wrote:So I'd like the ability to haul my road bike around but my rear hatch mounted rack will not work because of the plastic roof spoiler. Has anyone put a roof rack on their new Leaf? I have seen them for sale but I have never seen actual photos of one installed on a new Leaf.



With the seats down, there is enough room to haul a bike without removing a wheel. That's what I plan to do for my leaf.

Have not seen yet a roof rack but I am sure one will be available soon.
---------
New Leaf Owner: Just ordered Feb 24 2018, 2018 Leaf SL in Jade Frost. Expected ETA by May 30 2018.

Jedlacks
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:10 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 303628
Location: Kennesaw, GA

Re: 2018 Leaf Roof Rack

Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 am

I installed a tow hitch on my '15 Leaf and it worked well. Regrettably, I did an impulse buy for the '18 SV, and had to wave bye-bye to my hitch. Nevertheless, I am 99% sure that the same hitch will fit the new Leaf. Why? U-haul has the same part number for both models.

I did the install myself, and I will probably do it again. If I do I will try to post an update.
2018 SV
Deep Blue Pearl

LeftieBiker
Posts: 8776
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: 2018 Leaf Roof Rack

Sun May 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Jedlacks wrote:I installed a tow hitch on my '15 Leaf and it worked well. Regrettably, I did an impulse buy for the '18 SV, and had to wave bye-bye to my hitch. Nevertheless, I am 99% sure that the same hitch will fit the new Leaf. Why? U-haul has the same part number for both models.

I did the install myself, and I will probably do it again. If I do I will try to post an update.


U-Haul had that part listed way too soon for us to be sure it will actually fit.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

ZakZak
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:41 am
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2018

Re: 2018 Leaf Roof Rack

Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 pm

I'm no expert but i've heard the chassis is basically the same between the 1st and 2nd gen Leaf's so I'm betting the hitch still fits as long as the new body work doesn't get in the way.

LeftieBiker
Posts: 8776
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: 2018 Leaf Roof Rack

Mon May 21, 2018 9:41 pm

ZakZak wrote:I'm no expert but i've heard the chassis is basically the same between the 1st and 2nd gen Leaf's so I'm betting the hitch still fits as long as the new body work doesn't get in the way.


I agree, but that's a pretty BIG "as long as"!
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Accessories / Mods”